lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:48 PM
The Wary

Plugin to run any chat box commands. Emotes, aliases, shortcuts, etc.

Hi,
I'm looking for a plugin to run any text, command, shortcut, alias, emote, etc. I need to type in the chat box. For example, /wave would run the wave emote. I could 'program' this into the plugin as one of my commands that would show up on my interface for the plugin.
I have tried EMO and Lyrical and they accomplish this to some point, but EMO seems to be limited to emotes and has a random selection scheme at the moment, and I am pretty sure Lyrical does exactly what I am looking for, but it is difficult to use because the interface is tailor for exactly what Lyrical was designed for I think. I guess I'm looking for more of what Lyrical does with more of a EMO type interface. And EMO, if it could do this is based off of categories with random executes, or I can see myself having a lot of buttons and would take up too much screen if I could create one for each command.

For example, I could have one named "Recruit", and when I click on "Recruit" it outputs my pre-written statement chat box. For example, "/Regional Hello, The ABC Kinship is recruiting new members. We are a blah, blah,...if you are interested PST." Or in one of the GB instances, I kept needing to tell people how to kill the lights. If I could have something that was easy to access and just auto typed my pre-written statements on how to kill the lights, it would be easier that having to always retype it.

Customizeable interface with easy access and good use of screen real estate, and with and expanding menu that list my commands or prewritten statement. Maybe it could look like EMO, with the last button being a drop down menu for those that don't fit in the bar as you re-size it. Or each button is a catagory with drop downs for your chat box commands.

I often find myself saying the same thing over and over again, and I am looking for a clean interface to do these automatically.

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited by nsblotfrm : 03-12-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: clarification
Unread 03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Have you tried Rainbow Chat? You don't need to assign colors to the text if you don't want, you can just use it to create a quickslot bar with shortcuts output to what ever channel you assign. There is a checkbox to "Use Default Color" which suppresses creation of the color tags.

There are a few limitations, such as there is only one bar and it is only displayed vertically. There isn't a specific limit to the number of quickslots you can create, and you can drag the generated shortcut out of the Rainbow Chat bar to any other quickslot if you want.

If you find yourself repetitively using a response to emotes or chat, try LoTRO Alerts - there is a quickslot option that you can assign which will allow you to do things like quickly responding to "Wave" emotes.
Unread 03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
The Wary

Smile

[quote=Garan;7708]Have you tried Rainbow Chat? .................

...., try LoTRO Alerts ...........

Awesome! thanks i will try those.