lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 05-23-2012, 10:27 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Help with toolbar modification

Hi all, fairly new to doing my own modifications, have previously cut and pasted pieces for my own personal use, but haven't really tried to modify appearance of individual pieces.

After latest update my current setup was getting a bit messy to live with, and I wanted to shift the main toolbar right to allow more room for larger chat window without blocking up areas higher up the screen. The addtion of the new slot for upcoming bag was the last straw, so decided to retweak my skin and take a shot at updating the toolbar mod I was using, which has now been relegated to the outdated forum.

I'm working on making some changes to get Cannedwolf's Multibar Clean updated to current (well, at least for my 1920*1080 setup) and would like some advice on what I need to do to move / reposition whatever it is thats overlaying the background grey line in the toolbar so that it centers over the area with no icons, where the xp is shown - have highlighted the area in question, where I need whatever it is moved, in red in attached image.

Zip inlcudes all files to run as shown in screenshot, unpack to lotro folder as usual, skin is called "mini" to load in game -will need to log out and back after loading, and "/ui layout load minimal" will set it up as shown on screenshot at 1920*1080 resolution.

Note: last two "buttons" on the right of toolbar are just plugins (Travel and Sutt quickslots) sitting on top of an area of the toolbar I made blank to accomadate them, will not show up for anyone downloading this zip.

Thanks in advance for anybody that can help, and I would welcome comments on if anybody likes the compilation and / or has problems with it.

Credit goes to Cannedwolf, Mirarkitty, Adra, Wicky71, Thrashfinger, Eclipse, rushl and possibly others I've forgotten for the components used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00027.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	401.4 KB
ID:	270  
Attached Files
File Type: zip minimal.zip (341.8 KB, 507 views)

Last edited by Delone : 05-23-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:44 AM
The Undying

Well, have sorted out part of the issue: Fixed the grey bars between the bottom of the buttons and the xp bar by creating my own letterbox_bottom_glass_overlay.tga and mapping it into the SkinDefinition.xml, but I am still getting the darkened area on the yellow portion of the XP bar.

I'm now thinking this is the result of it being built into the .tga file that is used for displaying the yellow portion of XP bar, and because I have resized the length of the bar it's now out of alignment. I can't seem to figure out the art asset used for this though - anyone able to tell me? (or to point me in the right direction if this isn't the issue )

Updated screenshot and skin compilation attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ScreenShot00037.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	274  
Attached Files
File Type: zip minimal.zip (355.2 KB, 487 views)
Unread 05-24-2012, 03:33 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delone
Well, have sorted out part of the issue: Fixed the grey bars between the bottom of the buttons and the xp bar by creating my own letterbox_bottom_glass_overlay.tga and mapping it into the SkinDefinition.xml, but I am still getting the darkened area on the yellow portion of the XP bar.

I'm now thinking this is the result of it being built into the .tga file that is used for displaying the yellow portion of XP bar, and because I have resized the length of the bar it's now out of alignment. I can't seem to figure out the art asset used for this though - anyone able to tell me? (or to point me in the right direction if this isn't the issue )

Updated screenshot and skin compilation attached.
I don't believe we have access to that art.
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:03 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
I don't believe we have access to that art.
Well, as Pooh Bear would say: Oh bother!

Will have to keep playing to see if I can work around it.

Thanks.
Unread 06-09-2012, 01:29 AM
The Undying

Updated to latest after request from screenshot used on lotro forum. Removed store button as plenty of room to use in the toolbar if you want access, allowing the bar to move further right for longer text box, have yet to see combat text go longer than one line now with the font I'm using, which was my objective
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	baggedout.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	278  
Attached Files
File Type: zip minimal.zip (375.5 KB, 541 views)

Last edited by Delone : 06-09-2012 at 04:16 AM.