View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2014, 04:33 AM
The Wary

I've been reading these posts, even read the proof that Combat Analysis, is the perpetrator. However, I have yet to see is where in the .lua files it states that when the parser recieves x, to display "You failed LOTRO." Where am I missing this, because that was the OP's original question on the Official Forums. A few people started saying that CA was the cause and now we're looking at CA being taken down, possibly permanently. I mean this is a he said, she said, they said situation, that has been blown way up. Personally, I would love to see the ACTUAL proof showing the lines of code written in the file. Given, that Turbine already has a strict API in place for addon/plugin developers to use for LOTRO, they are given no explicit rights to access the actual server side protocols or information. Therefore, having said that a simple parsing pluging is the root of this problem, because there is a couple of strings of text there, does not give anyone the ground to stand on to say that the plugin caused it. A prime example would be if someone said someone died unexpectedly, and then the rumor got started, by the time it gets to you 3 days later, it's someone shot him during a drive-by and killed him and 14 other people in the neighborhood, and all that really happened, was the person died of old age. Maybe, I'm missing something here ,but i still say there is no real proof that CA caused all this issue.