View Single Post
Unread 09-02-2023, 05:09 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clucky
Is there a plugin that can search for an item worn by an alt?
I've tried a few plugins and they only seem to search in bags, vaults and wallet.
Short answer: Only "sort of"

Long answer: Unfortunately, due to limitations in the Lua API, the only thing that can be displayed for equipped items on alts is the item name, item image (foreground, background and frame), durability, quality and category. The item ID can not be retrieved programmatically and even when the item ID is known (for instance, captured during drag/drop operations), the iteminfo control does not properly handle displaying unique items that are not owned by the current player and most worthwhile equipment items are unique.

FWIW, many years ago, AltInventory had an Equipped Items tab, but due to a client crash bug that Turbine took over 3 years to fix, I removed the Equipped Items panel from AltInventory and moved it to an unpublished version of AltViewer. Since it took them so long to fix it, AltViewer got horrendously out of date - many, many quests, deeds and recipes were added, the traits panel was scrapped due to trait trees, etc. and it would take far more time to update it now than I have available. Everytime I consider publishing it in the state it is in, just to make the Equipped Items panel available again, I get sidetracked monkeying with the other panels until I set it aside again...

EDIT:
I have re-added the Equipped Items panel to AltInventory in ver 2.08. Note, due to the limitations discussed above, hovering over the items for alt character displays will only show the item name (I am toying with ways to manually track better info but so far nothing has been worth implementing in a published plugin )

Last edited by Garan : 09-18-2023 at 06:45 PM.