Thread: Threat Meter
View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2010, 02:10 AM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Personally, I agree with Penborn. A threat meter enhances my ability to play. I can see as a tank that I need to step it up threat wise or tell the dps to hold off a bit. Or, if I have plenty of threat I can use skills to bolster my defenses to help reduce amount of healing I would need. I would also have the option, if healing is a non-issue, to help by using more dps skills.

For me, guessing or relying on a hunch whether I have enough threat is not the best system. I'd like to know concretely through a number that my threat output is enough to keep a mob on me. If it simplies content as some suggest, then a threat meter probably isn't the issue to begin with but the content itself that is lacking.

As far as this continuing to be a slippery slope into dps meters and spreadsheet analysis, I can understand the dislike for that kind of gameplay. We are here to play a game after all rather than work which would for some make it feel. In this game there is alot more going on. Those who would try to criticize someone because of their lack of dps are typically not understanding of the full picture. I completely disagree with anything like a gearscore addon. It is not the gear that makes a player or even the amount of dps that someone does.....