View Single Post
Unread 10-22-2011, 12:47 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eili
excuse my silly question but is there anything that can be done via LUA like the css we use in html, that would allow the skinning ?
Not really a silly question. Unfortunately, there is very little native support for skinning in the Lua interface system. If a plugin uses the Turbine.UI.Lotro interface objects (as opposed to the more generic Turbine.UI interface elements) they will usually inherit any of the skinner's backgrounds as long as the Lua developer doesn't assign a custom background image or background color. The same is mostly true for the built in resource images - if used as a background image, they will get replaced by the images defined in the skin (mostly - I've found a few that don't seem to work but they may just be old deprecated images that have newer versions that I haven't found yet). Any original artwork that the plugin uses or any classes that are not from Turbine.UI.Lotro will not support skinning. There isn't any skinning support for colors or fonts in Lua either.