View Single Post
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:23 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Part of the confusion here is involving using the word "emulator" instead of an alternative device. An emulator is, by its very definition, a piece of software that emulates a piece of hardware. An example of a "keyboard emulator" would be the On Screen Keyboard that ships with Windows. Calling a sip & puff device a keyboard emulator, is like calling a trackball or touchpad a mouse emulator.

That being said, the only solution here is to either a) contact the device manufacturer, or b) look for alternative hardware. Although I'll admit I haven't kept up on alternative input devices for disabled persons - I would like to imagine that there should be some form of head/eye tracking device that could emulate the mouse. If such a device does exist, that would probably be your best bet for this, or any type of game.

As far as other solutions go - all I have to say is good luck. From what I've seen of LotRO, it's very picky about what input it accepts. Obviously this is done to greatly discourage botting/automation, but the end result is that unless what's sending the mouse/keyboard commands is actually a piece of input hardware - it's not going to be recognized. So you would ultimately need a true keyboard emulator in order to do anything via software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogumil
Please excuse me, but this borders on ignorance. Reading this:
He did apologize for missing that part, a good 6 hours before you took him to task A certain saying involving glass houses and stones come to mind

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros