View Single Post
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:43 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwamur
Thank you for all the effort you put in! Have fun out there. Certainly, when a game starts feeling like a job, it's time to take a break.

Do you have a "thoughts on direction" document for your plugins? Something that will make it easy for someone else to take over, that lists todos, bugs, features-I-will-implement-when-Turbine-fixes-the-API, you get the idea.

If there are volunteers, maybe your plugins can be given to new caretakers' hands. That'd be preferable to letting them whither and die, I think.

All the best
Dwamur
First off, thank you for your well wishes; however I feel the need to clarify that it was the projects themselves that started feeling like a job, rather than the game itself. As for the game, the best I could describe it is that there's very little variety, and the strongest part of the game is a retelling of a story we already know the ending to.

As far as my projects go, most things are pretty straightforward - at least in terms of naming of variables,functions and whatnot. So anybody looking over it shouldn't have any problems with following along. That being said, Palantir's main code is better off being rewritten from scratch. The structure could be far, far better - although the bar code itself - which really, is the trickiest part, should be easily reused for any code.

If anybody knows flash/ActionScript, and is interested on taking over the Adobe AIR character journal, send me an email, and I'll give you the .fla file for it.

I really do hope that someone carries these ideas forward, someone with far more patience with Turbine, as the community does deserve these tools, and I'd honestly see these things done by a different author, than to have my ideas die with my interest.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros