View Single Post
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:14 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
Sorry to see ya go, you've been a long time contributer and have had a positive impact on the growth of Lua plugins. Unfortunately, I can definately understand how you feel about your fun projects turning into work. Are you planning to move on to a different game or do you plan to just step back and take a relaxing break from gaming?
If anything, my one hope is that I've helped other authors see that Lua and the API is more than just the sum of its parts. Don't get me wrong, I still stand by my opinion that Lua is an ugly, ugly language - but that doesn't mean it's a bad one. I think above all else, one of the main sources of my frustrations were not just with Turbine taking so long to release (bug free) API additions; but rather, I saw the potential of what could be done, if Turbine would only do their part. Then I started noticing that this was a trend - and from there, well...the rest is history.

As far as another game goes, yes. I've gone back to playing WoW. No matter how much I like Tolkien's world, and how much Turbine has done it justice, in the end, it boiled down to a comparison of the features and content I enjoyed. In that regard, WoW was the clear winner. It just had gotten to the point where I felt that I had some kind of obligation to continue playing - or at least working on LotRO projects, if for no other reason than the amount of time I had invested. And frankly, that's just a really stupid reason to continue to be involved in a game.

As far as future projects go, I've got no current plans to become involved in WoW addons or apps. Mostly due to just having fun with the game itself; but frankly, there's not a lot out there that someone hasn't done already. Also, starting this summer, I'm going to be going to school for a web development certificate, so that will further limit my time for any extra projects. That being said and knowing me, I'm certainly not going to say that it isn't going to happen either. So don't be surprised if I wind up on WoWInterface at some point :P

If any of you are "heathens" like me, and don't view WoW as the work of the devil, you can find me on Proudmoore-US, Horde side. Feel free to hit me up! I'll always be happy to hear from you guys! Also, admittedly, I am a forum junkie - so don't be surprised if I stop in here from time to time to comment as well

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros