View Single Post
Unread 12-08-2010, 06:19 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Saving quickslot data to table

A little background: I looked at Paulino's code for the Pet Carousel and modified it to make a mount carousel. It was a quick and dirty conversion, and I've never been happy with it fully, since you have to edit the code each time you want to add a mount.

I've been making a few modifications, like being able to scroll forward and backward in the carousel, setting the center slot in the carousel to allow drops, but the thing that just eludes me is the ability to save the data of what is dropped into the carousel and read it back so that people could use it without having to modify code.

I just CANNOT seem to wrap my head around the concept and how to write it into my plugin. I've been looking at examples from Travel Window and Wheel, which do similar things to what I want, but as is normal each author writes up the code differently, and even coupled with Lua examples I can find, I'm a bit lost.

I'm a dolt when it comes to code, I've done programming before, but generally do not enjoy it much, this however I find more fun, (probably because it's a game that enjoy playing) but still frustrating.

Any suggestions, code samples or pointing me to other resources is much appreciated.