View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:10 PM
The Undying

Very impressive site, Gorothir!

I have a theory about data.lotro.com ... I believe that it is updated on a periodic basis by a "simple" extract and import script that runs against the primary LOTRO database.

That being the case, there are a large number of explanations about why, following the RoI update, "nothing" was updated. It took a while before any of the items were showing up, but if I remember correctly, when you look at the actual errors being returned they show up as 500 failures -- which are permission failures, "not found" errors. So I theorize that however the update following RoI was run, that it failed and needed to be re-run. Either that run or the re-run were run by "someone else," and the errors which were introduced as a result of one or more bad runs are at the root of the problem. One possibility -- the update was run as User X instead of User Y.

Sadly this does nothing to solve our problem. If I am correct, the permissions on some portion of the database have gotten changed, but unless one looks at the database from the API viewpoint, everything works as expected. Especially if the diagnostic efforts are run as an administrator.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"