View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2011, 01:29 PM
The Undying

What got fixed? ... some stuff ... maybe...

It appears that the "GetBackPack()" call identified by Valdacil "might" be fixed.
I managed to get on briefly Thursday before RL intervened... got in another 2 hours without a crash. (Manager/Tonic Bars/Buff Bars/Mount Carousel HD). But only just now RL let me get back on....

I notice that Friday I missed Turbine's End of Beta announcement (Beta ends Monday the 19th) and event.

I can see that Jasonspeed's problem could be related to the "other" major change in Lua interface -- the Chat interface, which I'm guessing is what CombatAnalysis uses.

However, since there has been no Lua "release note" update or mention in the B4 release notes... we won't know till the game goes live.

Hopefully Narrel will release the Lua interface information BEFORE the 27th to allow folks to look at the issues.

As I recall, the last major Lua update which broke all the Plugins did NOT result in client crashes.... only failures of the Plugins.

I suspect we'll just have to keep an eye out on the download site for the API docs... and hope we get a notification of the update.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"