View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2011, 03:09 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotovoltaicCell
Does anyone know what (if any) new things that these changes will allow plugins to do?
The biggest change is probably the Chat access since it allows multi-player interactive plugins. Possible uses for plugins includes loot rolling (RaidRolls uses this), alerts (Alerter uses this), a user developed LFF plugin (one is in the works but not yet available as a beta), interactive plugins (the Cards game will have it's first multi-player version available soon). And of course, dozens of other really cool possible options (I was thinking of adding the ability for a user to tell another user where they are and add a 'Ping' for that location on MoorMap - you wouldn't even have to be grouped for someone to share their location or even maybe an annotation's location, lots of potential there )

The read access to the Equipped Items will allow for plugins like AltInventory to track your equipped items. The new Equipment Slot will allow for building custom Character Panels (there was a lot of negative feedback on the revamped design of the character panel, especially the layout of the items) although the rendered character view won't be available to the plugins.

The fellowship acces will allow for custom vitals displays, fellowship wide automated warnings for low health or special conditions like curable poisons/wounds/disease, etc.

I'm not real sure about uses for the context menu. But I'm sure there will be some things it will enhance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia
The changes boil down to the following:
  • Ability to read from the chat panel (with filter support)
  • Ability to access fellowship member vitals (no raid support yet)
  • Ability to access the context menu from the player portrait
  • Ability to access the items that the player currently has equipped
  • Ability to create a new element that works like an equipment slot
One minor clarification, you don't have full access to the equipped items, only read access. For instance, we can unequip an item programatically by dropping it in the Backpack but we can't equip items programatically since we can't drop to the Equipment object.