View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2011, 12:42 PM
The Undying

No release notes have yet been posted

The actual release notes for the Lua Interface in ROI have NOT been posted.

What you read were the BETA Release notes (which I posted) ... which are EXTREMELY sketchy and incomplete.

Unless he has just posted them in the past hour or two, Narrel has not yet posted the new/updated Lua Documentation ... nor have I found any comments on WHAT (if anything) was fixed in this morning's (30 September) patch. [Note that he did post the Skinning update on this site the other evening.]

A number of individuals have "reverse engineered" the changes in ROI based on the incomplete description from the Beta, and they are "probably" correct. But until the actual updated documentation is posted, we won't know.

Similarly, unless it was fixed this morning, an important aspect of the Lua interface was broken when the "Lua update" was inserted into ROI during the beta. I don't know why it took Turbine several days after ROI's live release to acknowledge there was a bug when several of us bugged it virtually immediately after the Lua changes were made. Sigh... hopefully we'll get an update this weekend.

Please keep your eyes pealed for any "twits" or "Facebook posts" as that seems to be Sapience and Calesstra's preferred way of communicating these days. (The NDA was lifted in a Twit post almost a month before it was posted in the Live Game Forum... No one ever posted any comments on it in the Beta Forums.)
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"