View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2011, 10:51 PM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Good Job!

First off: On the whole, I think you did a pretty good job of documenting the program. Plus, it always helps a bunch too see it through a fresh pair of eyes. So thank you.

However, there are a few things that I can supply more details about:

1. The resolutions aren't really optional. Yes, you can leave them blank, but that completely leaves out (aka resets to default) the parts of the skin that require a resolution, like the toolbar.

>>> I am working on a way for the program to automatically calculate the toolbar width, so we can remove the toolbar resolution option. This would also make a resolution required.

2. Overwriting / Deleting: that was the intended operation - to update an existing skin, it replaces it with the new version. For deletion, I (as a programmer) do not know how to send things to the recycle bin. I didn't put confirmations, because those are always extremely annoying after the first few hundred times .

>>> I guess I could put an option to show confirmations - that wouldn't be too complicated to implement. Also, if you have just deleted a skin and its last configuration is still there in the option boxes, you can just click build to remake it.

3. Version Info: I had completely forgotten that!

>>> That will be there starting with the next release.

4. The Unknown Option: Explicit defaults. That controls whether or not the contents of the Default.xml file are placed in the skin. Its original purpose was to provide some stability over minor UI changes, but I can't upload the default files per LotroInterface rules, so it isn't really useful.

>>> I would take it out, but that would mess up all current config files. Then again, I could re-purpose that line to set the confirmations.

Once again, thanks for your input!

Last edited by Mevordel : 12-13-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Unknown option...