View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2011, 02:45 PM
The Undying

Found the bug in Mount Carousel installation

"What a long strange trip it's been..."

I spent a couple of hours yesterday playing with Mount Carousel again...
Lately I've been leveling a Dwarf Rune Keper, so I deleted all of the files associated with Rogidor Plugins/Mount Carousel and downloaded them again from the website.

Because I was currently working with a Dwarf toon in LOTRO, I first downloaded, un-zipped and loaded the 1.0 version of Mount Carousel (Hobbit/Dwarf) then downloaded; unzipped and installed the patch. ... and lo and behold, it worked!

Ok, so I went back to the toon I was working with in November, my Man Minstrel. Again I downloaded the 1.0 version of MC(Man/Elf); unzipped, re-installed, downloaded; unzipped and re-installed the patch... failure!

This made no sense, so I deleted everything and started with Man/Elf and it still did not work.
I re-installed the Hobbit/Dwarf version, and it worked!

Very strange.

Finally, after getting bleary-eyed... I found the bug.

The ORIGINAL 1.0 download zip file of "MountCarouselME.zip" contains the folder: "Rogidor Plugins"
The ORIGINAL 1.0 download zip file of "MountCarouselHD.zip" contains the folder: "RogidorPlugins"

Eureka! An errant space in the parent directory name!

Depending upon which version you downloaded and installed first (and how you installed the second), you got the infamous
"Could not load plugin" error... because of the space in that directory name.

Note that the two patch files - "Rogidor Plugins.zip" and "Rogidor Plugins1.zip" also contain the space in the parent directory
file name -- "Rogidor Plugins" instead of "RogidorPlugins" - leaving one to assume it is correct.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"