View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:31 AM
The Wary

Thank you Magill

Responding to Magill:

Wow, I thank you for taking the time to respond with a lot of information. And I finally found the ~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/ folder.

I am certainly not the most computer savvy, but once i found the folder, I was able through trial and error to figure out where to put a plugin manually that would actually show up in the Lotro "Manage Plugins" section and actually work.
I had to create a Plugins folder in the above stated directory (so i created ~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/Plugins), place the unzipped plugin in it and then it worked!

Thank you,

That being said, when i put that directory into the "Configure" tab of the Lotro Compendium Client to see if i could set it up that way and have the compendium work, it simply created a bunch of folders in the compendiums folder (/plugincompendium-1.1/mac/) starting with a /~, then inside that a folder called /~/l, another called /~/li, another called /~lib etc...

I assume this is my fault for not knowing the exact address for the /~/Library address. Like i said I am not the most computer savvy.

I do appreciate all of your responses and I can at least now have a couple of plugins i can use and install manually.

I also appreciate your warning for using plugins and the situation with Mac client "freezing" I will be wary and maybe attempt to not grow reliant on said plugins. I just wanted to check them out because i am new to the game, I will check those forums you mentioned on a regular basis as well.

Thanks again!

Edit: I see, you told me the address for the compendium and i passed right over it its the /Users/(me)/Library/...etc...

Last edited by Opyrater : 12-13-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: unclear