View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:33 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyrater
I hope i am posting this in the right forum. I am currently using the "native" MAC OS X Client (beta) download from Turbine for playing LotRo (which i dowloaded last week and works great). My Computer is running OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion).

I would love to run some plugins and was thrilled to see that you have a Mac version of your LotroInterface Compendium, i downloaded it, installed it no problem. I used your default settings for the "Configuration" Tab where it set the
-Plugin Install Path- to /Users/(me)/Plugins
and it set the
-Plugin Downloads- to /tmp

I used the interface and "added" two plugins. It said everything installed fine, I saw the plugin folders appear where they should be in the /Users/(me)/Plugins but could not find the /tmp folder. I received no errors up to this point.

I then opened up Lotro and got to the Character screen, clicked on "managed plugins" and none of the plugins appear. I logged into a character, and in the chat interface typed /plugins load MinstrelBuffs (just one of the plugins i wanted to use) and it said "Unable to load MinstrelBuffs" I tried it on the other plugin and got the same "unable" message.

At this point I am stuck as to what i need to do to make this work.
1) Did i miss a step somewhere in the middle? If so could you tell me what to do?
2) Is there a different manual way to do it? In mountain lion I installed the Mac client to the "Applications" folder, but when i click on the "Lord of the Rings Online" i cannot see or have access to the individual sub-files through the "Finder" interface on OS X 10.8.2.
Lots to say... The Mac Client has some "quirks" because of "The Apple way."

I wrote up a bunch of information at LOTRO-wiki.com http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_Client
See especially the section http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_...ile_locations:
Immediately followed by comments on Lua Plugins.

The "immediate" issue is WHERE to put the various files, including the Plugins folder.
In Mountain Lion the <user>/Library file is a hidden file to the Finder. (A change Apple made with Lion.) Use to "GO" drop-down to get there.

Install path will look like:
.... /Users/(you)/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/Plugins
For downloads, I use:

... /Users/(you)/Downloads/LOTRO/plugins-downloaded
Simply to make the easy to find and either keep or trash.

All of that said, now the "gochas."
The Mac Client, like the Windows Client, still suffers from Memory Leak(s). These manifest themselves "quickly" in Rohan, Instances, and Session Plays. In most of Middle Earth other than Rohan, it can take a couple of hours for the Mac Client to Freeze. At which time, the client will show as "Client not responding" to "Force Quit."

One of the contributors to this "freeze" are Plugins. Turbine has posted instructions to NOT USE PLUGINS if you are reporting any client crash!

Watch the "MAC Technical Support" Forum at forums.lotro.com -- it's down at the bottom of the list, for updates. We try to keep folks posted on happenings with the Mac CLient.

One last comment. The Mac Client is built the "Apple Way." Consequently, EVERYTHING is in a single ".app" "Package." To see its contents in the Finder,
Select "The Lord of the Rings Online.app" file in your applications directory and right click. Select the second item: "Show Package Contents." This will expose the contents of the LAUNCHER "package". Inside that package under Resources, you will find another "The Lord of the Rings Online.app" file.
Right click on that package and again, under Resources, you will find all of the graphics ".dat" files found in the Windows client.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"