View Single Post
Unread 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
The Wary

MAC CLIENT Compendium Question not installing plugins properly.

Hello,

I hope i am posting this in the right forum. I am currently using the "native" MAC OS X Client (beta) download from Turbine for playing LotRo (which i dowloaded last week and works great). My Computer is running OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion).

I would love to run some plugins and was thrilled to see that you have a Mac version of your LotroInterface Compendium, i downloaded it, installed it no problem. I used your default settings for the "Configuration" Tab where it set the
-Plugin Install Path- to /Users/(me)/Plugins
and it set the
-Plugin Downloads- to /tmp

I used the interface and "added" two plugins. It said everything installed fine, I saw the plugin folders appear where they should be in the /Users/(me)/Plugins but could not find the /tmp folder. I received no errors up to this point.

I then opened up Lotro and got to the Character screen, clicked on "managed plugins" and none of the plugins appear. I logged into a character, and in the chat interface typed /plugins load MinstrelBuffs (just one of the plugins i wanted to use) and it said "Unable to load MinstrelBuffs" I tried it on the other plugin and got the same "unable" message.

At this point I am stuck as to what i need to do to make this work.
1) Did i miss a step somewhere in the middle? If so could you tell me what to do?
2) Is there a different manual way to do it? In mountain lion I installed the Mac client to the "Applications" folder, but when i click on the "Lord of the Rings Online" i cannot see or have access to the individual sub-files through the "Finder" interface on OS X 10.8.2.

Thank you for your time.