View Single Post
Unread 09-11-2007, 12:56 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebrous
I am having the same problem. Im relatively experienced in installing ui's/mods and the instructions for installing lotro skins are very simple, however under ui settings/misc, there are no options for me to select in the dropdown menu.

this is an example of the file structure i have

C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\FenirWood

is there a place to enable uis that is not in current faqs? i have changed alot of settings under options prior to trying to load a skin.
It needs to be in the \my documents\Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\ for skins to work, not the folder with the game files.

As for the OP problem, I'm at a loss. LotRO is obviously aware of the settings folder because you have a pref file, so it should recognize that the skins folder is there as well. All I can say is doublecheck the directory structure within the skins themselves (some of them have subdirectories for images and such) and be sure there is a SkinDefinition.xml file in each skin subfolder. If all that is correct, it should be working in-game, so you might want to bug this in-game and seek assistance on the official tech support forums as you seem to have exhausted all the ideas here.