View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
The Unscathed
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Those blue+white squares are what appear when the XML file directs the game to replace a default UI graphic with another, but the path given is either wrong (often a typo) or the file isn't in the right place. The game knows not to load the default UI graphic, but doesn't have anything else to put there.

I made and use Gandalf Navy, myself. I don't have any broken files and the zip I uploaded to LI.com is taken directly from my /MyDocuments/TheLordOfTheRingsOnline/ui/skins/ folder. So if there was anything broken, I would be seeing it, too. I also didn't alter any files that are specific to the Raid tab, the alias icons for quickbars, or the progress bar. I am not certain if you mean to say that you are missing the exact same graphics as the OP or if you are just having the same problem with the blue+white filler graphic. If the former, I can't imagine why that would be since my XML files don't have any code to change those images.

There are some things that just plain aren't skinned yet. I just got married in April, so I was and have been pretty busy. Suffice to say, the timing worked out so that I wasn't able to work on updating my skins before the patch nor have I had the chance since the patch. I hope to get to it soon.

I will say that I have experienced rare problems myself with downloading skins here. It never happened often, but occasionally a skin wouldn't work properly. When I deleted the files, re-downloaded it, and then reinstalled, it sorted itself out. Give that a try for me. If you are still getting the blue+white graphic, let me know which graphics aren't working. I'll poke around my files and send you the ones that are missing.

Last edited by Gaylen : 05-12-2008 at 02:06 PM.