View Single Post
Unread 11-12-2010, 03:25 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackdaw
I realise, believe me, how much work these things can be!

Can the backdrop be set to be a solid colour? Then it won't matter if the bar is taller.

I think changing the bar to a solid color instead of blending the color with the background image is the solution I'm going to have to implement. That saddens me greatly as I, for one, like the 3D look provided by the background image. The look of it is also something I've received quite a bit of positive response on so I really hate loosing that.

I think what I'll do is put an option in to let the user use the background image and not adjust the height or use a solid color and adjust the height. Even better I could have a total of 4 background images at 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4x the height and if the user want the pretty 3D look they can choose from one of those heights while if the user chooses to use a solid color they can then specify a height using a slider. I like that idea. Makes more work for me but give as much control back to the user as possible. That's assuming I don't find a way to stretch the images height to whatever the user wants.