View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

yay ze savior is here. I almost thought you were a goner, Frosty ^^

I can give you some theorized answers as I haven't suffered the bug myself but I have heard a lot about it.

My guess is that it would happen with the skins that modify ID_UISkin_AvatarPanel and ID_UISkin_OpponentPanel elements. Even if the 3d portraits would be left on default values, I think it's enough if the tags are there unmodified. But I'm not sure about this because I know some other skins have this issue as well and I can't recall if they have the above tags in their code.

I am 100% sure thought that this will happen even if the sub items aren't scaled as I don't think there isn't another skin here that have scaled the 3d portraits. Happens with my main skin too and in that I haven't scaled the portrait .. but the code is there in the skindefinition.xml - with default values.

What I have heard it happens when you zone from one area to another ie when you have a loading screen shown (can be like zoning Bree > Prancing Pony).

Logging out and back in resets the portrait to it's original size.

The above is only what I have learned from the people. Maybe someone who is suffering about this will hopefully reply and clarify it to you.

And as I said somewhere already.. this isn't a new thing. I have heard about it for years now but lately there has been a lot more reports about it.

Last edited by daimon : 05-18-2010 at 06:59 PM.