View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2011, 05:04 PM
The Undefeated

in need of a basic UI

Basically, after 10 years of gaming I've found that the default UI from WoW had one excellent feature that seems rarely used. A main action bar that changes what skills are on it when whatever stance the character is in changes. It was a godsend for reducing the amount of clutter and keeping abilities that were stance-specific within easy reach without needing extensive macros/ aliases.

What I'm looking for something that has that feature combined with freeing up the lower left third of the screen for the chat window, leaves the extra 2-4 hotbars in the middle of the screen stacked on top of the main, and takes all the other buttons (crafting panel, system button, inventory bags, etc) and stacks them up on the left side. Ideally that should open up more of the middle of the screen for viewing and/or raid group windows.

I tried a few other plugins (Tonicbars, BevyOBars, Kragenbars) but they all had non-optional extras in that I just didn't care for or only partially replicated that ability. Given the current limitations of what code Turbine has opened up, would that ability be possible? And if so does anyone feel like taking up the challenge? I would try myself but I'll freely admit that when it come to LUA-type coding and graphics I'm best off never touching a computer.

Last edited by Treerat : 01-12-2011 at 05:09 PM.