View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2008, 12:01 PM
The Undying

I gave this a run on my Hobbit Hunter and it is very nice! I ended up replacing the toolbar with an invisible one I made, despite how well you made yours. I just prefer having nothing but an xp bar and a focus meter; the toolbar/bag buttons and the autoattack button are useless to me as I use keybinds for all of those things.

I only saw one glitch in my short time playing with this skin. The image for the copper coin is a pixel too short, causing it to tile (a mildly noticeable copper-y pixel or two). Adding another row of invisible black to the bottom (to make it 27x22 like the other coin images) fixes it.

As for suggestions...I think the player vitals frame seems a bit plain. I like the NPC frames (including the plain one), but since the player's frame is *always* on the screen, I think it could use a little something. Perhaps some sort of pattern (wood-burned?) in the middle of the wood around the portrait (like the deco in default frames) would liven it up a little without being overbearing. I also had a look at the toolbar before I replaced it with my own. I think that the xp bar would look nicer if it looked a little more like it was carved out of the house rather than stuck on like a decal. A little black inner glow could probably do the trick.

There are so many nice little details you put into this skin. I think one of my favorites so far is the butterfly on the secure trade screen. I hadn't looked at the files prior to loading it up in-game and that was such a nice surprise. I'm definitely looking forward to the future updates! Despite the suggestions I made, I love this skin and it has my hobbit's seal of approval.

Last edited by Kirsche : 03-18-2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Thought of something else to add! :)