LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Requests (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Crash in ROI with some plugins (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606)

Eili 09-02-2011 07:41 PM

Crash in ROI with some plugins

I dont use a lot of plugins, but even those after a while started to crash me desktop.

I use Manager to load them and Travel, Bevy2 and ScrappyScripting and Lotropad

Unfortunatly i started to test but ha to go rest so tomorrow i will load them one by one and check if one is involved or all 5

Valdacil 09-03-2011 02:02 PM

Based on the plugins that are causing the crash my guess is that it is the LUA hook to the backpack. Travel, BuffBars and a few others that hook into the backpack seem to be the most common culprits. I read a post that indicated Turbine intested to tweak LUA again before live.

MrJackdaw 09-03-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eili (Post 7056)
I use Manager to load them and Travel, Bevy2 and ScrappyScripting and Lotropad

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ahem*

And here was I hoping it wasn't going to be hours of re-coding...

jasonspeed 09-03-2011 05:24 PM

All I use are Buff Bars, Travel Windows, and Mouse Cursor. I tried running each one at a time to see which was causing the crash but it happened to each of them individually. I miss my buff bars.

Edit. Mouse Circle does not cause any crashes. That's a pretty basic plugin though.

Wicked Mouse 09-03-2011 06:18 PM

What about TonicBars?

Eili 09-05-2011 04:05 AM

Silly question but here i go ...

For Beta i simply pasted my plugins-data character into the Bull server, i did not created anything

Should i try to make it new from start to see if it could be something with the old data or that will change nothing ?

jasonspeed 09-05-2011 07:12 AM

I character copied to Bullroarer also. I didn't create any new toons. I don't think that would make a difference though. There's an update to LUA in the expansion so I guess existing plugins will need to be updated.

Valdacil 09-06-2011 02:34 AM

I spent hours updating KragenBars for the changes to all of the classes represented. During that time I ran with KragenBars only and did not experience any crashes. However, when I activated BuffBars and did something as simple as attack the training dummy in Eyes & Guard Inn I crashed out. So I'm pretty confident that KragenBars isn't causing a crash. Which leads me back to my original assessment of the hook to the BackPack (I know both BuffBars and Travel hook to the backpack because I checked the code of each). Looks like Turbine might have broken that function even worse than before... at least before your LUA backpack was just inaccurate... now it looks like I completely kills LotRO.

Maybe if I get some time I'll try seeing if I can disable the backpack hook in BuffBars without killing the plugin altogether... then see if I still crash out. If not, then Pengoros won't have to change that much :)

D.H1cks 09-06-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdacil (Post 7066)
Maybe if I get some time I'll try seeing if I can disable the backpack hook in BuffBars without killing the plugin altogether... then see if I still crash out. If not, then Pengoros won't have to change that much :)

This is easy to do in Travel, I only check for the number of rations a player has. It would be easy to find the CountRations() routine, and disable the access to the backpack there. I would check it myself, but don't have access to Bullroarer so I might have to wait until release.

Eili 09-06-2011 11:45 AM

If this is possible and we can help while we are in beta, tell us just how to do it.

I am at your service to help for all those plugins you offered us