LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beta Interfaces (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What I have been working on... (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=930)

MrJackdaw 06-01-2010 06:18 AM

What I have been working on...

Well... apart from real work this is what I have been doing;

I never settle with my UI - I am always changing things, and like sometimes to go back as well as forward. The above program allows me to preview the various different elements that I use - some of which is taken from other peoples UI's.

As we can't post .exe's then this UI compilation may be sat on my HD for a while! None of it is quite finished - especially the unit frames!

Thought you guys may like to see it...

Cairenn 06-01-2010 06:38 AM

There are always exceptions to the rules. :) Things like this are the exact reason we have a Developer Utilities download section. ;)

It looks great!

Uthboth 06-01-2010 07:44 AM

That looks very cool, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that if I could use it for my different setups.

Is there a way to change the options, or are they hard coded into the program? My wife likes to use different setups for most of her toons and I have a hard time keeping up with her demands. If it's possible for a user to change what options there are within the builder I would like to get a copy if you don't mind me using it in such a way. As long as Cairenn allows the upload here, it would be a nice addition in my opinion.

MrJackdaw 06-01-2010 08:12 AM

It's coded in Visual Basic Express - which is free at the moment -I will have a look at getting it into an uploadable state for the weekend. I need to produce some sort of documentation to go with it so people can hack it apart.

daimon 06-01-2010 01:22 PM

Nice job. Looks fab! Wish I could know how to code VB .. hmm maybe better start learning ^^ .. anyways. I'm interested how it compiles the files ? Do you have bunch of ready skindefinition.xml from which is chooses a right one or can it actually compile stuff from different files into one skindefinition.xml (I presume it can) ?

Would really make my UI installation more easier and better looking as now im using those old school basic scripts (which work ok tho, I think)..

MrJackdaw 06-05-2010 08:21 AM

Essentially it does the same as the batch file you showed me - but in VB.Net and with a few buttons. I have just tried to upload it, labelled it ALPHA a few times so you guys can get your hands on it.

What I would really like to make is something that allows people to build their own UI's from stock components - but that can be extended by adding components. But I am just not a good enough coder.

Cairenn 06-05-2010 08:38 AM

It's been approved, go get it guys. :)

Shirik 06-05-2010 08:39 AM

Is this in Visual Basic? The code was a bit... odd to decipher. But I was looking at it in C++.NET.

EDIT: Nm, I see you already answered that ... >.>
*goes back to lurking*