LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Requests (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   [Request] Hunters Barrage's skill tiers timer plugin (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3631)

Raiker 10-25-2016 09:08 PM

[Request] Hunters Barrage's skill tiers timer plugin

Hey all!

Now, when many hunters go blue because of the higher damage, this plugin would be very useful to have. I'm not sure if it's possible to do with existing plugins, if it's possible with BuffBars or other tools - let me know :)

Hunter's Barrage skill goes from tier 1 to tier 3 with each use (not actually, details below), so it goes differently in chat. Here are examples:
  • Phindecano scored a hit with Barrage on the Training-dummy for 11,229 Beleriand damage to Morale.
  • Phindecano scored a hit with Barrage 2 on the Training-dummy for 13,766 Beleriand damage to Morale.
  • Phindecano scored a critical hit with Barrage 3 on the Training-dummy for 49,839 Beleriand damage to Morale.

It says differently if an oil is applied:
  • Phindecano scored a critical hit with Barrage of Fire on the Training-dummy for 35,266 Fire damage to Morale.
  • Phindecano scored a hit with Barrage of Fire 2 on the Training-dummy for 13,657 Fire damage to Morale.
  • Phindecano scored a hit with Barrage of Fire 3 on the Training-dummy for 15,043 Fire damage to Morale.

So, when you use Barrage (tier 1) it applies +30% damage to next Barrages for 5 seconds.
When you use Barrage (tier 2) it applies +60% damage to next Barrages for 5 seconds.
And when you use Barrage (tier 3) it again applies +60% damage to next Barrages for 5 seconds.

With Barrage cooldown of 1 second and 5 seconds buff you can theoretically reach 60%*5=300% buff, but because of animation and other delays it won't practically exceed 180%.

Now, the problem. Those buffs are invisible to user, they are not displayed in the buff panel, so you can't track them with BuffBars. Moreovoer (and very important) there is a bug, described in this thread), which requires you not to use Barrage 2 some seconds or the system gonna use Barrage 1 instead of Barrage 3 and stack 30% instead of 60%.

So, what the plugin should do? It looks very simple. It should produce effect windows, just like BuffBars, but for the Barrage skill only based on the combat log.

When Barrage skill appears in the combat log, first 5 second timer appears with name Barrage on it. When Barrage 2 or Barrage 3 appers in combat log, more timers appear under the first one. When the first Barrage timer expires, Barrage 2 timer becomes the first etc. Just like you have multiple expiration timers in effect windows of BuffBars.

Here is a rough concept:

I believe such a plugin would be very useful for blue hunters nowadays.

moebius92 10-30-2016 03:13 AM

Oh hey. Someone actually read that.

It's really hacky, but here.

Raiker 11-01-2016 01:23 AM

Wow, really nice and thank you for your hard work!

I gave it a try and while the plugin is very useful it has some glitches:

1. For some reason it moves down every time you hover the mouse (even in Ctrl+\ mode is turned off), so the plugin can easily go out of game window space without your notice.

2. I've got a bug when new 60% red buff appears on the same level as old 30% blue buff. As a result both bars disappear soon while you still have some seconds to renew 60% buff. I've found this bug while doing quests and couldn't reproduce it on the training dummy later.

3. It would be very nice to have opacity percentage setting in the plugin options.