LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Help (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Strange issues with LUA plugins and Lotro F2P Europe (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1213)

sheen 11-10-2010 10:09 AM

Strange issues with LUA plugins and Lotro F2P Europe

Hi all, I need some advice please

I've tried LUA plugins on Lotro F2P Europe, I'm using Manager, Buffbars and FilterBag plugins
It works and it's great but I have some bugs

* On the first hand, on every new game, I have to type "/plugins load manager", then plugins are loaded. Is there a way to load this command automatically on each new game (like a .cfg file or something like that) ? Maybe it's normal, I've never tried Lotro US version so I don't know.

* On the second hand, I have a bug with Buffbars, on every new game I have error like "could not parse lua" or something like that and plugin does not load. Solution is to delete the Buffbars plugin cache into "My documents\Lord of the ring online\plugindata\..." and reload the manager. It works but all buffbars customizations are lost (sure, we've deleted the cache...). Is there a way to correct this bug or maybe I have to wait for the next version ?

* On the last hand, I've tried an UI named "Firefern's Crafting, Vendor and Dressing Room", this UI seems great it make larger window for Craft, Quest and Dressing interface. UI load properly but does not work, I have a strange buggy window not especially bigger than before, maybe there is incompatibility with Europe version or maybe it's because I'm playing in windowed mode. Any ideas please ?

Thanks for your help dude.

daimon 11-10-2010 10:27 AM

1. there isn't at the moment. possibly when Lua isn't beta anymore Turbine will embad similar system that plugin loader into the client making it all easier.

you can however make a shortcut for the manager: /shortcut X /plugins load manager
(x any number between 1 and 72, 1 is the first quickslot on the main quickslot bar). this will add a skill type button on your quickslot that you can simply press everytime to log into the game and the plugins will load. it can also moved around like a skill after it's created.

alternatively you can shorten the command with alias command:
/alias ;man /plugins load manager
(;man is example, can be any word you choose, but remember the semicolon in front of it)
then you can just type ;man anytime to load the manager

2. I'm no Lua expert so I let the smarter people to answer this. Itmay have to do with the Turbine's plugins examples if the plugins has dependency on them. more at here

3. Sounds like you only forgot to relog after selecting the skin. Every skin mod that modifies panel/etc sizes require you to relog after selecting them for the first time, no need to do that more than once if you don't change to another skin. You still need to do this with every toon you use it however.

Hope that helps.

sheen 11-10-2010 11:29 AM

1 - Ok, nice syntax, I'm glad to learn how to create an alias it will be usefull

2 - No problem, I don't know anything about LUA too, maybe I should ask directly to developer

3 - Ohoh, I did not know that, so I have to relog.... I'll try this tonight

You can be sure, your reply help me, thank you =]

Kaisoul 11-10-2010 01:37 PM

problem 2 was adressed and some where on this site was some work around for the EU plugins problems. If you feel like using it

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...anclients.html

if im understanding you right this might help your problem.

Digital_Utopia 11-11-2010 12:42 AM

As for the 2nd issue, make sure you get the latest version of BuffBars, as if memory serves, the author has released an update to fix such issues.

sheen 11-12-2010 11:00 AM

It works like a charm :

* You're right, for UI we have to disconnect / reconnect
* Buffbars have been updated and works great on europe Lotro

Thank you guys !