PDA

View Full Version : Capabilities of LotRO UI

asmkm22
08-26-2009, 04:05 PM
I have a few questions regarding the limitations of what can be changed in the UI. I'm not looking for examples or tutorials on "how" but just "if" this stuff is even possible.

1. Is it possible to reskin game icons? I've seen some examples of bag icons being changed, but can the same be done for inventory and skill icons?

2. Can you create UI events in response to another event, such as combat skills used by an opponent? For example, flashing a warning up that says your health is low, when you reach x% or something.

Murazorz
08-26-2009, 09:15 PM
1. Is it possible to reskin game icons? I've seen some examples of bag icons being changed, but can the same be done for inventory and skill icons?

Don't know.

2. Can you create UI events in response to another event, such as combat skills used by an opponent? For example, flashing a warning up that says your health is low, when you reach x% or something.

No. LotRO only allows you to skin certain parts of the UI, exchange some graphice with others, and move things around. The information you're asking about requires an api with scripting possibilities, and there is none atm. No events are exposed.

Cleitanious
08-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Some icons can be changed, download the UI SKin pack to see which ones those are. Bars ARE included. It's pretty much everything except skills icons.

asmkm22
08-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Some icons can be changed, download the UI SKin pack to see which ones those are. Bars ARE included. It's pretty much everything except skills icons.

I spent roughly 3 hours last night going through the UI Skin pack. That was one unorganized mess, actually. I now have a much better understanding of what can be done, although it looks like I can *not* reskin item icons :(

Frosty
08-27-2009, 12:31 PM

No. the inventory and skill icons have not been exposed,

As mentioned, this requires a scripting ability that the UI does not currently have.

-P

asmkm22
08-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Also, Frosty, I looked up some of your previous posts here and now realize you are the closest thing LotRO has to a UI team.

Thanks for giving us the tools we do have, and I look forward to any potential replacements down the road. :)

Frosty
08-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Also, Frosty, I looked up some of your previous posts here and now realize you are the closest thing LotRO has to a UI team.

Thanks for giving us the tools we do have, and I look forward to any potential replacements down the road. :)

You're welcome.

LOTRO has a full engineering team and they all participate on the UI. I'm just a guy who used to work on the team pre-launch. Skinning and customizing are near and dear to my heart. I'm also a loudmouth, but I only tend to post about stuff that I know about.

-P