PDA

View Full Version : Durin's Folk UI (LOTRO) Updated for Mines of Moria?

Dhraid3n
11-29-2008, 04:30 PM
LEDMirage hasn't been active in a while = ( Would anyone be willing to update his awesome Durin's Folk series of UIs for the new MoM interface?

Roberto
12-02-2008, 01:19 AM
I've made a modification to the Black version. Would it be ok to upload it here? Obviously, I'm not a frequent uploader, so I'm sure on the rules, and I don't want to detract from LM's work :)

Brygard2007
12-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Look at his user agreement part on the reead me.
I haven't used his skin since last October 2007 so wouldnt know any update for his readme's.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info66-LMEorlingas.html

And if you did decide to release it,I think it should be released under the
LotRO Compilations section.

Brode
12-02-2008, 01:51 AM
he has his own forums for his mods for various games try asking there?

http://ledmirage.net/forums/index.php?

Dain93
01-21-2009, 01:13 PM
oh please please please ^^

I want it.. ...now

just kidding
It would be very nice if somebody or ledmirage would update this ui

,Phil

Dain93
01-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Led recently completed a cross-country move and started a new job with a game developer. It's likely that he won't have much time to spend updating his UI's and such. I would suggest that you see if it's possible to update the UI using another method on your own.

hmmm... sounds not very good

are there any volunteers to update it?

,Phil

danr607
01-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Hey iv been playing with Durins folk UI and this is what i got so far,iv changed the main bar for the moria update,also changed little art work in characted panel. Im not sure if I can update someone elses UI .I also wanted to change some of the ui to more of a moria theme. The gem on main bar-purple not doing it for me(blue looks more moria) need imput:) OH also i never like the factory bags,so i wanna use Jappy me ivy bag set need input here too

danr607
01-30-2009, 06:48 AM
got more of the work iv done to it,but having problem getting quest tracker when select a quest overlay does not show.

Dain93
01-30-2009, 04:55 PM
yes looks very good

would you like to upload it.

thanks ,Phil

danr607
01-31-2009, 01:52 AM
Hey thank you,ya im gonna upload it as soon as i get bugs worked out,quest tracker still giving me problems,other than that its working:)

Dain93
01-31-2009, 06:03 AM
oh yes
I´m looking forward to^^

,Phil

danr607
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
IV uploaded a copy of my changes to durins folk in beta UIs,i still need to do more to it but mite be little bit befor i can get back to it so with out wait check it out Remenber this is led mirages durins folk with my mods to it

Cleitanious
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Lookin' Good!

Sasco
02-07-2009, 01:22 PM
IV uploaded a copy of my changes to durins folk in beta UIs,i still need to do more to it but mite be little bit befor i can get back to it so with out wait check it out Remenber this is led mirages durins folk with my mods to it

I looked in the Lotro beta forum and don't see the post, is it hiding?!

Kalex
02-07-2009, 01:58 PM
It hasn't been approved by a moderator yet, so it won't show up in the main list until it has been approved.

Cairenn
02-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Aye, it's waiting for me to hear that danr607 has permission from Led to take over maintenance of it.

Sasco
02-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Ah, thanks for the clarification, fingers Xed! :D

danr607
02-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey sorry all,Im not gonna persue the durins folk UI, I dident relieze that he had copywrites on it(that stuff scares me),im just a guy playing with UIs and not really a dev. Im not really interested in taking over maintenance of it,just wanted to run along side the UI till led came back. Im sorry again to let ya all down :(

Supermax
02-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty sure if you give him credit and you're not trying too sell the UI, it's fine. Neither of you are making money from this and so long as it stays that way most copyrights (if not all) do not exist.

Besides, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. As long as you clearly state it's Led's original work the just amount of credit has been recognized.

IMO.

Cairenn
02-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Not the case. Copyright doesn't depend on whether there is monetary gain from it or not. Copyright exists the minute something is committed to "paper". Period.

I suggested he talk to Led, I know Led pretty well and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have a problem with it, but danr doesn't want to, so that's his choice.

nulir
05-26-2009, 04:04 PM
I suggested he talk to Led, I know Led pretty well and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have a problem with it, but danr doesn't want to, so that's his choice.

i tried to send him an email, cause i changed a few things in durins folk for myself (gambit window, fixed botton position and fixed the item advencment botton) but i dident get an answer so i wont upload anything.
i know he seems pretty busy, so ill be patient :)

nulir

LedMirage
07-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Looking at files and what not, hope to have both Durin's Folk and Eorlingas updated this weekend :)

Firedancer
07-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Looking at files and what not, hope to have both Durin's Folk and Eorlingas updated this weekend :)

Eorlingas is one of my favorite UIs for LoTRO. I hope that you are able to update it for moria/bk8...that would be pretty sweet. :)