PDA

View Full Version : UI changes I would like to see

Tyle
11-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Sorry for the crude use of paint brush in red :)

http://stoictenacity.org/imagehost/pics/7612c077e7704d47890632a0e6e7d6f0.JPG

All of these things listed below, if made moveable like alot of other UI features, would in my opinion make the UI much more customizable.

1. I would like to see the window tabs either smaller, removed, or hideable. The tabs, as it is, cannot be moved off screen, which IMO, makes it a pita to put my windows where I want to ideally.

2. The Combat Icon, IMO, needs to go. As far as I am concerned, it is bulky and takes up too much space. I don't need something so big and pointless to let me know I am in combat. Either make it smaller or do away with it entirely.

3. The Focus Meter could easily be put on top of the Main Actions Bar, horizontally. There's no need to seperate them, unless it can be made moveable.

4. The Player (Target) Icon(s) needs to either be made smaller or done away with. Although it was at first eye catching, it serves no purpose other than a distraction. If anything needs to be there for a reference, put the player's level number there, in this case 30.

5. Main Bar/XP Meter. This absolutely has got to be moveable to wherever you want it. I cannot believe that the most highly used icon on the UI cannot be moved at all without having it's code changed. Everything else I could live with if this was moveable like the rest of the UI pieces are. Perhaps 2 default UIs with one Main Bar/XP Meter horizontal, and the other one having it vertical. LOTRO developers, IMO, need to (not saying they haven't) consider every option in the game, and the UI is a huge part of it.

Now I don't know if anyone has said anything about these things, but I would love to see these changes :)

Deewe
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Hello,

you can do 2-3-4-5 with my Yessh UI, the skinless addon and the Yessh+ addon.

Note for 3 : you can't get rid not move the level display