PDA

View Full Version : Free Download and UI/Skins Problem...Please Help Me!

sacha1973
09-15-2007, 10:35 AM
I cannot get the skins to work...I downloaded the 7 day trial yesterday and love the game but cant get skins to work!

Do I have to create a whole new directory on my hard drive C:/for this to work? I created a directory within the C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Lord of the Rings Online that the download of the free trial created. THEN:

I created /ui/skins to this directory and downloaded the skin I wanted so now it reads:
C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Lord of the Rings Online/ui/skins/Fenir Wood (and 7 other Fenir Wood Folders)

...and still I cant get the UI Options to come up in the game!

In a lot of the instructions it says, "Extract all the files from the ZIP file making sure the option to "use folder names" is enabled" - Does this matter? I have no option to check "use folder names"!

Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong?

AncientWolf
09-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Are you using Windows Vista?

The Scyphozoa
03-08-2008, 12:15 PM
If he was, he wouldn't have had a Documents and Settings folder.

Sloppy Joe
03-09-2008, 05:39 PM
I cannot get the skins to work...I downloaded the 7 day trial yesterday and love the game but cant get skins to work!

Do I have to create a whole new directory on my hard drive C:/for this to work? I created a directory within the C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Lord of the Rings Online that the download of the free trial created. THEN:

I created /ui/skins to this directory and downloaded the skin I wanted so now it reads:
C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Lord of the Rings Online/ui/skins/Fenir Wood (and 7 other Fenir Wood Folders)

...and still I cant get the UI Options to come up in the game!

In a lot of the instructions it says, "Extract all the files from the ZIP file making sure the option to "use folder names" is enabled" - Does this matter? I have no option to check "use folder names"!

Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong?

Looks like you left "The" off the main folder name...It should be "The Lord of the Rings Online" not "Lord of the Rings Online". Atleast thats how mine is named. Hope it helps.

*Just noticed I necro'ed. My bad"

Daenuil
05-10-2008, 07:40 AM
I can't confirm, but I don't think the trial version allows you to change skins.

Cleitanious
05-10-2008, 07:59 AM
The trial version is the same exact game as everyone elses

Daenuil
05-10-2008, 09:38 AM
The client software is the same, but some features are disabled in a trial account. You can't, for example, access an auction house, and you can't send tells unless you are in a fellowship or kinship. So it's possible you can't load a UI skin either.

Cairenn
05-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Holy necro bump!