PDA

View Full Version : Challenge to all coders

Greytail
09-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Here is an open challenge to all coders:

Create a DKP plugin that works similar to the /roll plugin that was recently added where the raid members can send a message to the leader/looter in the form of DKP: <bid> where <bid> is the numeric value of their bid price. Have the mod also highlight the winning bid such as the /roll plugin does with the winning roll so that the leader/looter has an easier time of things.

k, thx

Grey

Digital_Utopia
09-28-2011, 04:53 AM
Should be (more or less) possible - with at least one caveat.

While the API can (with RoI) read the chat panel, it can't write to it. So as long as the leader has this plugin, and the other members either manually type in DKP: <bid> or assign it as an alias, everything else should work fine.

If you combine this with some form of DKP plugin that allows players to keep track of kin DKP, you could even have some validation to make sure that what a player is bidding is actually possible.

Unfortunately, such a DKP manager would have to be manually kept up to date, as there's no way of accessing the web via the API.

Note: I'm not volunteering - if you could see my current to-do list, you'd understand why. I'm just "fertilizing" your idea so-to-speak, by confirming that it is possible, as well as contributing some additional ideas into the mix :)