PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut help

MrJackdaw
08-06-2011, 05:57 PM
I am being really dim here - but how do you get the shortcut data for an item in the backpack?

I want to use SetShortcut to setup a quickslot with the contents of backpack slot 1 for example.

Edit: I have spent another hour digging and can still see no way to do this. Is it missing currently from the API?

Equendil
08-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I believe that's not possible with the current API.

MrJackdaw
08-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Ah! How glad I am to hear that, Equendil. I thought I was missing something really obvious.

Wonder if I can jury rig away around it?

*Thinks...*

Probably not!

Digital_Utopia
08-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Yeah, I think the only way to do it is to require the user to manually fill the slots.

lunarwtr
08-08-2011, 01:35 PM
The closest to this is if you know the item code of the item, you can create short-cut for that item (regardless of whether its in your backpack or not). If you want it to actually "use" the item, you then have to make sure it is in backpack.

In an unreleased version of Item Compendium, I'm using this to get a temporary icon for each item. (ideally I'd like the real icon resource id vs having to create the shortcut).

Heta
08-09-2011, 08:36 AM
I am also trying to fill shortcuts with items from my inventory.

I search through the backpack for an item, if it exist i create the shortcut with the specific hex code.

Works perfectly with skills, for items i have to use the "long" hex code.
Also works, but only for that specific character :(

If i switch the char it won't becaus the "long" hex code seems to be unique for that char.

How can i solve this? Any ideas?

Greetings

lunarwtr
08-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I am also trying to fill shortcuts with items from my inventory.

I search through the backpack for an item, if it exist i create the shortcut with the specific hex code.

Works perfectly with skills, for items i have to use the "long" hex code.
Also works, but only for that specific character :(

If i switch the char it won't becaus the "long" hex code seems to be unique for that char.

How can i solve this? Any ideas?

Greetings

First part of the long hex code ties it to specific backpack location if I remember correctly. Just zero all that out. then leave the second part with the code.

Heta
08-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Seems to function but when you click that shortcut it does not use the potion or item :/

I think the missing backpack-connection-hexcode makes the shortcut unusable. :(
If you Drag & Drop Potions the Shortcut works fine.

So there is no other way to auto create shortcuts from your backpack?

Garan
08-09-2011, 03:08 PM
There is no API method currently available to get the shortcut info from an existing in game Item object. I made a request on the Turbine forums about this a few months back - please post in that thread to show additional support for that request:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?384041-Request-Item-GetData() (http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?384041-Request-Item-GetData()&daysprune=-1)