PDA

View Full Version : requesting rp addon

Aellwen
07-06-2011, 07:01 PM
So I have a couple of elf characters, actually I have at least 2 of every race now. Thing is, on the elves, I have to window the game, look up what I want to say in elvish, and then copy/paste it to chat. As you can imagine, it's one big pain in the keester.

What would be nice though, is if someone could make a sindarin language plugin where we could just type in what we want to say and it could use a sindarin dictionary list or something to automatically translate what you want to say for you. Just an idea.

jeredwolffe
07-06-2011, 07:09 PM
lol I requested the very same thing a couple of days ago. And got the author of Compendium to look into it. Hopefully he gets back to me soon.

Jered Wolffe

Aellwen
07-06-2011, 07:13 PM
yeah that would be awesome. I know there's a fantastic dictionary that could be used for the database for such a mod:

http://www.jrrvf.com/hisweloke/sindar/online/english.html

jeredwolffe
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Very nice,

http://realelvish.net/

Thats my favorite. The phrase books come in very handy

Jered Wolffe

Wicked Mouse
07-07-2011, 04:36 AM
in the meanwhile, you can use plugins like LOTROpad to store certain sentences in a sort of in-game notepad.

jeredwolffe
07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Aye I have and use both Lotropad and JustNotes, partially for that very purpose.

I do thank you for the thought though.

Jered Wolffe

Emberleaf
07-11-2011, 05:12 PM
How awesome would it be to have a plugin that automagically translated your text into Sindarin? I remember the game-that-shall-not-be-named has a couple plugins that have similar functionality. :)

JonatanRaven
07-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Another plugin you can use for chat-purposes is Lyrical (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info455-Lyrical.html) which I tend to use a lot lately.

lunarwtr
07-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Started working on this a little this evening. Have parsers written to pull down data and extract it on an ongoing basis.

Emberleaf
07-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Started working on this a little this evening. Have parsers written to pull down data and extract it on an ongoing basis.

You, my friend, are a god walking amongst mere mortals. ;)

Cairenn
07-13-2011, 12:47 AM
We've got some really great people here, hey? I love our communities. :)

*hugs everyone*

lunarwtr
07-16-2011, 12:46 PM
This upcoming month is very busy for me and I think I've bit more off than i can can handle. 4 Birthdays, Funeral, Anniversary, Vacation, 2 other open source projects. Very sorry. I will look more into this next month, but if someone is interested in pursuing it in the mean time I've attached the "dictionaries" for

Sindarin -> English
Sindarin -> French
Sindarin -> German

and the reverse dictionaries.

MrJackdaw
07-17-2011, 07:58 AM
That is a HUGE lump of the work done! Excellent - any takers to move this forward?

Aellwen
07-20-2011, 02:59 AM
This upcoming month is very busy for me and I think I've bit more off than i can can handle. 4 Birthdays, Funeral, Anniversary, Vacation, 2 other open source projects. Very sorry. I will look more into this next month, but if someone is interested in pursuing it in the mean time I've attached the "dictionaries" for

Sindarin -> English
Sindarin -> French
Sindarin -> German

and the reverse dictionaries.

Wow that is a lot of work done. I hope someone does pick this up, it would really help!

jeredwolffe
07-21-2011, 04:34 AM
Thank you Lunarwtr for getting as much done as you did. If one of you other awesome authors could take up the gauntlet and at least create the database, I'm willing to devote as much time as it takes to make dictionaries in the same format that Lunar provided to hang within the framework you create.

Jered Wolffe