PDA

View Full Version : Having Problem with BDRX. Need Help Please.

maradakia
02-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I've been using a variety of Skins on my various toons, but have been using the BDRX Dressing Room with all of them I think.

I love the big Dressing Room, but am having annoying problems with it.

First of all, I normally run in windowed mode. If I try to view something in the Dressing Room in windowed all I get is the panel on the left for dye options and zoom, but the actual image of my character doesn't appear.

To fix that all I have to do is go to my settings and switch to full screen mode, and then it works fine. I wouldn't like to not have to do that though if possible.

The bigger problem is, even once I have swapped to fulll screen mode, and I get the Dressing Room working - the panel on the left is there and works fine, and the image of my toon is there, big and beautiful... but

... I can only view one piece of armour. If I try to click on a second piece, to try on a set of armour for example, I can't click on anything.

What seems to be the case is there's a Dressing Room overlay on my screen that prevents me clicking on anything in the "background", which is anything on my screen except for a narrow margin at the very edges.

How do I fix this so I can continue clicking on things on my screen while the Dressing Room is open, so I can try on a full armour set at once, instead of having to close the Dressing Room betwen each piece and only see them one at a time?

Brygard2007
02-10-2011, 03:07 PM
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=296

Ok,I did some minor testing and this what I come up with.

Look for the code:
<Element ID="DressingRoom_AvatarInfoElement"

On that code line change the width around 300 or less,this will make the invisible drag area shorten which will let you click items behind the dressing room.

Please note:
You will loose the ability to rotate the avatar with your mouse,to able to rotate the avatar you need to use the buttons or the small invisible area that on the left side near the menu.

Currently I haven't check or fix the code,I have number of things I'm trying to get most of my add on updated.

Sorry for the delay,also you most likely need to use a lower resolution of bdrx
if your playing in windows mode.

My bdrx was meant to play with fullscreen since that's what I had in mind and never thought for windows mode user's.

Like I said use a lower resolution code to fix the problem and then manually use the guide that's above to temporary fix the overlay.

maradakia
02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks for replying so fast! : )

I'll give that a try now.

Brygard2007
02-10-2011, 03:12 PM
lol I just notice you posted on the bdrx forums.

I playing tag with you.:p

P.s
The only reason I'm up(normally I'm asleep by now) I have a meeting tomorrow so i need to sleep at nite.

Greytail
02-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Have you updated this one to match the one in the bgm skins? :D

Brygard2007
02-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Heh,no not yet sorry.:o

Eventually I will.:)

Currently I have stuff to do this month with real life and in game so I been busy
lately.

Modnar
05-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Brygard,

Any update to resolve this issue? I've also just encountered what I believe is the exact same problem. I'm using 1920x1080 Windowed with stock BDRX xml, unmodified (barring the cut&paste into a custom UI).

I see the panel in the upper left although it is obviously mis-aligned (a bit too high) and I retain my normal equipment / outfit. Not the item I'm "trying on".

I will try the suggested solution, but thought I would provide a gentle nudge. ;)

Brygard2007
05-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah sorry for delays,truth be told I haven't touch it yet cause I was hoping to have an updated skin pack by now.

Reason is cause want to see if there any new codes added for the dressing room and to see if there was a way to add a code line to make it expandable with the mouse pointer.

You know like how you can now expand the bios page in any direction and size.

And the new update 3 that's coming out sometime in late May or next month,don't know if there be any changes in a sense break my UI more then it is.

Just in case you didn't know or anyone else:
My current Ui has already a basic B.D.R.X implemented,you will need to replace that codes for the higher resolution.

You can't use both code's.

Modnar
05-14-2011, 10:56 PM
I applied the changes stated in the Downloads area (changing height and width of elements) and that allowed Windowed functionality. I've just tried changing the size of the invisible character rotation overlay to 300. Thereby resolving both issues. (However, I think I'm going to play with the figures so they are a bit closer to the size of the Dye Menu.)

For a 1920x1080 full windowed display on Windows 7 this results in Width=1727, Height=959 in the 2nd and 3rd edited lines.

I completely understand why you would want to make one set of changes covering as many updates / corrections as possible. Less you touch, less chance for accidental errors to creep in. (I remember dabbling in Fortran (Pascal?) and forgetting a semi-colon at the end of the line - omg!)

May 23 is the Update 3 going Live date that Turbine just posted into the Launcher. Far as I know their will be no changes applicable. Personally I think they're just kind of clearing the decks so they can finalize RoI pre-reqs.