PDA

View Full Version : Mount Carousel still not working

magill
02-06-2011, 03:29 PM
I have tried numerous times since the November update to get both versions of Mount Carousel working (Men and Elves / Hobbits and Dwarves)... with no luck.

I had it working before the update, and, in theory, applied the "patch" but no luck.

Other plugins work fine -- Plugin Manager, Tonic Bars, and Travel are the other three I use successfully.

Any ideas on either the status of the plugin or the author. There don't seem to be any current posts on the plugin's web pages here.
(I still get the same error as was last posted on one of the two pages...
"Unable to resolve package "RogidorPlugins.MountCarouselHD.Main"

Or any clues as to how to install the patch? (I could always be doing something wrong.)

magill
02-07-2011, 02:45 PM
"What a long strange trip it's been..."

I spent a couple of hours yesterday playing with Mount Carousel again...
Lately I've been leveling a Dwarf Rune Keper, so I deleted all of the files associated with Rogidor Plugins/Mount Carousel and downloaded them again from the website.

Because I was currently working with a Dwarf toon in LOTRO, I first downloaded, un-zipped and loaded the 1.0 version of Mount Carousel (Hobbit/Dwarf) then downloaded; unzipped and installed the patch. ... and lo and behold, it worked!

Ok, so I went back to the toon I was working with in November, my Man Minstrel. Again I downloaded the 1.0 version of MC(Man/Elf); unzipped, re-installed, downloaded; unzipped and re-installed the patch... failure!

This made no sense, so I deleted everything and started with Man/Elf and it still did not work.
I re-installed the Hobbit/Dwarf version, and it worked!

Very strange.

Finally, after getting bleary-eyed... I found the bug.

The ORIGINAL 1.0 download zip file of "MountCarouselME.zip" contains the folder: "Rogidor Plugins"
The ORIGINAL 1.0 download zip file of "MountCarouselHD.zip" contains the folder: "RogidorPlugins"

Eureka! An errant space in the parent directory name!

Depending upon which version you downloaded and installed first (and how you installed the second), you got the infamous
"Could not load plugin" error... because of the space in that directory name.

Note that the two patch files - "Rogidor Plugins.zip" and "Rogidor Plugins1.zip" also contain the space in the parent directory
file name -- "Rogidor Plugins" instead of "RogidorPlugins" - leaving one to assume it is correct.