PDA

View Full Version : New Vitals Window

Faflaf
10-07-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm looking for a new Vitals plugin that displays only characters level, Name, morale, and power. I'd like the Morale and Power bars to have the text centered on them and be displayed next to each other, Morale on the left and Power on the Right. Ideally, I'd like to be able to specify the width and hight of each piece. I also plan to place the vitals on tip of my quick slots at the bottom center of the screen. I'd like the buffs / debuffs to be separate and stay in the upper left corner but be about twice the size they are now. Below I put a simple text representation of what I'm after for the vitals. The words morale and power won't actually display.

( 18 Faflaf 132/465 morale )( 459/459 power )

MrJackdaw
10-08-2010, 12:49 PM
All possible apart from the Buff/Debuff thing.

I am waiting for a good vitals plugin to be developed!

The Old One
10-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Not possible with XML skins but I believe it would be with Lua plugins (I'm not good with Lua so can't tell you for sure). If it is it would take 2 Lua plugins. 1 for the vitals and 1 for the buffs/debuffs.
There are many vitals plugins in both in XML and a few in Lua but none that I know of that match what you're asking for.

Faflaf
10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm beating the Vitals plugin that is part of the TurbinePlugins with a big stick to get something I like. So far I've copied the Vitals plugin to create a new one and ripped all the buff / debuff stuff out. I don't have any of the resizing options added in yet.

I attached an image of what I've got so far. It doesn't have the lvl text in yet and I'm not happy with the font for the player name but, it's a start.

After I get the vitals to a good usable state I'll pirate as much as I can from the TurbinePlugins for the buff / debuff.

Faflaf
10-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I think I got the morale / power bar to a point where I can shift gears and work on buffs / debuffs. Attached is an image of it. Still no sizing options. :(

The Old One
10-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Wow I like that. I wouldn't mind using that as is as I'm happy with FX for buff tracking.
Just so you know there's no way to recreate the vitals context menus using Lua vitals. If you want them you can't have the Lua vitals turn off the main one.
I did make a skin just to turn the main vitals into a small icon for the context menu. You can find it at http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info410-UltraMiniVitals.html

Digital_Utopia
10-08-2010, 03:44 PM
All possible apart from the Buff/Debuff thing.

I am waiting for a good vitals plugin to be developed!

Might be possible if you set the icon size, and then set stretch mode to 2

Faflaf
10-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Pengoros has a really nice buff / debuff plugin called Buffbars which I use for everything except displaying buffs and debuffs. I know that sounds stupid but I use it for it's quickbar and effect slider. You can check it out here (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info361-BuffBars.html). I'll post a comment for that plugin to see if Pengoros will add the option to display buffs / debuffs horizontally with only a text timer and no graphical timer.

My little vitals bar plugin won't be ready for any type of "public" use until I add in some sizing capabilities. Currently, I have no idea what it will do if I change resolution or change the overall UI scale. I am just learning LUA and the LOTRO API so progress on this will be slow (if anyone cares).

That's a bummer I can't snag the default context menu if the default vitals window is hidden. I will noodle on that a while and see if I can't find a creative solution to that. Although since I am not actually creating a new plugin but just moding the Turbine Vitals example plugin the menu problem may already be solved. I will have do some more digging.

Faflaf
10-22-2010, 04:23 AM
I got my vitalBars plugin to a point where it is ready for others to test it out. I am wondering if anyone is interested in using this plugin. If there is interest I will upload it.

What is does
Displays characters level, name, morale and power bars. Used in conjunction with a buff / debuff plugin it can replace the default Vitals frame.

Features

Display character morale and power stacked on top of each other or horizontally side by side.
Independantly resize the width of the morale and power bars.
Optionally hide default Vitals frame.
Optionally displays character level, name, morale text, and power text.
Optionally displays morale and power text as percentages.
Integrated with UI lock/unlock for moving.
Does not have buff/debuff functionality. I use Pengoros' Buffbars for this.

Credit
This plug is a modification of the Turbine Vitals plugin by Rod so credit for the actual functionality of the bars goes to Rod. I copied quite a bit from Pengoros' Buffbars so credit for the following goes to Pengoros.

sliders and checkbox in options window.
saving and loading settings.
UI lock/unlock integration for movement.

Brode
10-22-2010, 04:29 AM
looks neato. Ill test it

Faflaf
10-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Got the zip uploaded. It can be downloaded from http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info440-VitalBars.html

movn
10-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Looks nice but doesn't work on my pet, he still has the normal icon and bars.
I don't like those player and pet avatars they take up too much room and are useless. I play a lot in f12 mode, one it looks awesome with high res pack and two it forces you to learn your hotkeys better. However that doesn't work with group content :)

On 1920x1080p the vital bars are very skinny, would like to make the moral thicker, also would like to make the power smaller.

Would it be posible to disable power for my pet and all fellowship members but not my char?
________
HONDA CR-X HISTORY (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CR-X)

Faflaf
10-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Looks nice but doesn't work on my pet, he still has the normal icon and bars.
I don't like those player and pet avatars they take up too much room and are useless. I play a lot in f12 mode, one it looks awesome with high res pack and two it forces you to learn your hotkeys better. However that doesn't work with group content :)

On 1920x1080p the vital bars are very skinny, would like to make the moral thicker, also would like to make the power smaller.

Would it be posible to disable power for my pet and all fellowship members but not my char?

I totally agree with you on the avatars being a useless waste of space, which is why I started this little project to begin with.

VitalBars is just a modification of the LOTRO Vitals plugin which I'm not sure had pet support which is why VitalsBar doesn't either. Of course, that just means I need to add it in.

I am currently working on making the height configurable as well as a "only show in combat" type option. I will add a "only show morale" option to my list of things to add. Unfortunetly, my video card on my dev machine died yesterday so development has stopped until I get that fixed.

Thanks for the input.

movn
10-31-2010, 08:06 AM
It doesn't seem to work on fellowship members either?
I hate the default look and healing with it is a pain.
I hope you get it working :)

Oh btw could you change opacity based on health %?
________
Erection (http://www.fucktube.com/video/25148/young-teen-learns-the-science-of-the-mighty-erection)

Faflaf
11-11-2010, 04:17 PM
It doesn't seem to work on fellowship members either?
I hate the default look and healing with it is a pain.
I hope you get it working :)

Oh btw could you change opacity based on health %?

VitalBars currently only supports Morale and Power of the player character. This is because VitalBars is a modification of Turbines Vitals plugin which also did not support pets, felllowships, or target. This limitation is something I'd like to correct however, Turbines API doesn't have much if any support for getting data about other stuff other then your character. Therefore, I may not be able to add support for pets, fellowships, and target until the API expands a bit.

Hating the default look is a pretty powerful statement although I'm not sure what to do about it since you didn't let me know what you hate about it. I don't play a healer class so I am only assuming the reason healing with VitalBars is a pain is because they are short and hard to click on. You can set them to stack Morale on top of Power if that would help. You can also turn the default Vitals back on as a work around. Both of those can be done in the options. Please give me some more details around the problems with healing so I can go back and beat VitalBars with a stick to try and solve the problems :).

I will look at changing opacity based on health %.

Thanks for your comments. Any comment that helps me make VitalBars better and more useful is welcome.

MrJackdaw
11-12-2010, 01:43 AM
If you can add variable height bars, hiding out of combat, then I will be a very happy chicken!

Also... vertical bars?

Faflaf
11-12-2010, 02:39 AM
If you can add variable height bars, hiding out of combat, then I will be a very happy chicken!

Also... vertical bars?

You will almost be a happy chicken. The latest version, which I will be uploading after typing this, has the hiding when in or out of combat. The ability to have Morale stacked on top of Power is already there. I'm assuming thats what you mean by vertical bars. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

The variable height is something I'm stuggling with. The way the bars were originally written uses an image as the background then blends it with the forground color. The image gives it the smooth 3D look while the bending the background with a green or blue foreground color gives it the color. Simply increasing the height cause the background image to repeat vertically making it look like 2 Morale bars or Power bars. This is the next feature I'll be focusing on as I also want to adjust the height and I am annoyed that I can't.

Faflaf
11-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Also... vertical bars?

It was late last night when I wrote my response to your vertical bars question. Turning the bars to a horizontal position can certainly be done (as others have already done it). However, with that I'd also want to add the ability to move the Morale and Power bars independantly. While this is also possible it is a major change in the design of the plugin. I will look into to see what I can do.

MrJackdaw
11-12-2010, 01:06 PM
I realise, believe me, how much work these things can be!

Can the backdrop be set to be a solid colour? Then it won't matter if the bar is taller.

Faflaf
11-12-2010, 03:25 PM
I realise, believe me, how much work these things can be!

Can the backdrop be set to be a solid colour? Then it won't matter if the bar is taller.

I think changing the bar to a solid color instead of blending the color with the background image is the solution I'm going to have to implement. That saddens me greatly as I, for one, like the 3D look provided by the background image. The look of it is also something I've received quite a bit of positive response on so I really hate loosing that.

I think what I'll do is put an option in to let the user use the background image and not adjust the height or use a solid color and adjust the height. Even better I could have a total of 4 background images at 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4x the height and if the user want the pretty 3D look they can choose from one of those heights while if the user chooses to use a solid color they can then specify a height using a slider. I like that idea. Makes more work for me but give as much control back to the user as possible. That's assuming I don't find a way to stretch the images height to whatever the user wants.