PDA

View Full Version : Better plugin management

Olenn
10-01-2010, 10:05 AM
There should be a plugin manager in game. Something that allows you to control plugins through a graphical interface as opposed to slash commands. And while we are at it, the Turbine libraries should also be included with the game as opposed to self installing. Many users have problems setting up their folders for plugin use the first time.

daimon
10-01-2010, 10:44 AM
True dat!

I hope they will do it more end user friendly when the "beta" phase is over *winks at Frosty*

Penborn
10-01-2010, 12:13 PM
To your question about in game management.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info379-PluginManager.html

External Game Managment Here.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info409-LotroModManager.html

The latter does come packaged with a few addons, and the turbine examples package.

Olenn
10-01-2010, 01:26 PM
I acctually use both of those now, but I would like to see a more "baked in" experience form Turb.

Grixal
10-20-2010, 12:14 AM
I'd like to see the capability to have plugins automatically loaded upon entering the game.

Manually loading them is... minorly inconvenient

Frellco
10-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Just FYI... I do completely agree it's a PITA right now, I have been able to minimize this almost entirely by adding a shortcut to my toolbar to (upon clicking) load the "manager" plugin.

The short directions:

Unlock your toolbars if you have them locked.
Move the current item out of your very first toolbar button slot on your main toolbar (this is just temporary... drop it into an open slot).
Issue the command: /shortcut 1 /plugins load manager
Now drag that shortcut to where you want your "click here to load your plugins" button.
Move your original toolbar button item back into the first slot.
Lock your toolbars if you want.
Profit
Once you have "manager" configured, all you need to do is remember to click the shortcut button. Since it's black it kind of stands out so I tend to see it and remember to load them whenever I log in.

Grixal
10-21-2010, 12:09 AM
This method works well enough for now. Much simpler. Thanks for the information on that.

I just think that there should be a folder coded into the client from which plugins are automatically loaded.

Just FYI... I do completely agree it's a PITA right now, I have been able to minimize this almost entirely by adding a shortcut to my toolbar to (upon clicking) load the "manager" plugin.

The short directions:

Unlock your toolbars if you have them locked.
Move the current item out of your very first toolbar button slot on your main toolbar (this is just temporary... drop it into an open slot).
Issue the command: /shortcut 1 /plugins load manager
Now drag that shortcut to where you want your "click here to load your plugins" button.
Move your original toolbar button item back into the first slot.
Lock your toolbars if you want.
Profit
Once you have "manager" configured, all you need to do is remember to click the shortcut button. Since it's black it kind of stands out so I tend to see it and remember to load them whenever I log in.