PDA

View Full Version : Chat Windows

Jenna
04-14-2007, 04:38 AM
One day, hopefully, someone can make a chat window where you can have more than 5 tabs open. I know this is probably enough for some people, but I like to filter my chats much more into General, IM, Fellowship, Kinship, Officer, Combat, Loot....blah-de-blah-de-blah

In eq2, I had 2 windows with 5 tabs on each, I hope some kind person can have a look at this when there is the ability to do it.

Thanks in advance
Jenna, your friendly Hobbit Hunter
Member of Divine Legend - Snowbourn

Kreagan
05-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I was a little upset that finding I can only have 5 tabs and 1 window.

I was same will run 2 windows with:General,Private,Guild,Group,Raid,Loot,Skill-up/XP,Craft,Region,Auction,Combat,Officer and Mail.

I also came from EQ2, and have been with Vanguard since Beta2, but have finally given up on that game for now 2 days ago, and started playing this.

Also why is my Chat Window only allowed to be so long? I like to strecth it out and have about 4 lines for viewing, but being so restricted makes it impoosible to lower the Chat window profile.

jalyons95
05-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I'll test this when I get off work, but you can have more than one chat window group. I have 3 chat windows open on my screen right now. General/Im, Combat, & Kinship/Fellowship. Granted he total is 5 tabs, so I will test it and post my results.

All you need to do is left-click and hold on the tab you want to remove and drag it somewhere else on your screen. Then just right-click on the new chat box tab and create a new tab.

Just tested this and you can have up to 5 tabs, regardless of how you have them grouped. Meaning, you can have 5 chat boxes with 1 tab each, or any combination there of, with the limitation of only 5 tabs total.

Greeen
05-04-2007, 06:42 PM
can you have more than one
line for entering text?
I mean, is there only one possibility to enter text, no matter how many tabs you have spread out over the screen?
I am also thinking of EQ2, e.g. I had general stuff on the left, and could enter text below. On the right I had guild & group chat and could enter my text directly below.
I find it confusing to enter text on the left, if the output window is e.g. on the right.