PDA

View Full Version : Addon idea/reguest: low morale/power warning

kwiat_w
09-14-2010, 02:34 PM
When I play as a healer and fight gets really intensive I'm monitoring closely morale bars of my party members, but sometimes I forget to look at my own :D
so I'd like to request an addon that displays visual warning when your power or morale goes below certain level.

It would look like this:
WARNING!!! It's a wow screenshot! (http://i15.tinypic.com/52lhock.jpg):eek:

It would have red color for morale and blue for power. A big text message in the center of the screen wouldn't hurt either.

From what I have seen in addons that already exists it should be possible with current api(?).

EDIT:
I just noticed I've posted this in a wrong forum section. I apologize and promise not to make this mistake again.:o I ask admins to move this to " Interface Requests" forum.

daimon
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
EDIT:
I just noticed I've posted this in a wrong forum section. I apologize and promise not to make this mistake again.:o I ask admins to move this to " Interface Requests" forum.

Thread moved ^^

and btw I remember that addon from that other game. I used it quite a lot as a healer (somehow I always managed not to watch my own health while healing hehe)

jasonspeed
09-14-2010, 06:16 PM
You can use buff bars plugin. Just diasable the buffs/debuffs and leave only morale/power warning on. I love it because it has a toolbar just for potions so I get the morale/power pot pop up on screen when I go below a predetermined amount. I set my morale warning at 55% and power warning at 30%.

kwiat_w
09-15-2010, 01:53 AM
I wasn't talking about buffbars, but the red highlight on the edge of screen :)

jasonspeed
09-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Oh ok I see what you mean. It would be like the dread effect how things get a little hazy but red for morale and blue for power. Interesting idea but I don't know if screen borders are available with plugins yet.

MrJackdaw
09-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Entirely possible by making four windows - one for each edge of the screen. I am tempted, but busy right now with Bevy Bars' bugs!

MrJackdaw
02-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Well... no-one did it so I had a quick go and am uploading it now. For now, only a border at the bottom of the screen that gradually fades in as you get past 50% Morale/power.

See what you think...