About this add-on :
An addon for JRR
This is the JRR edition of the popular SmallBar quickslot toolbar, updated, improved, and included in the JRR main theme.
In order to simplify the installation until the last step, by avoiding you to have to manually edit the skin code, this add-on includes several pre-made profiles corresponding to the different custom screen resolutions settings you could run.
To allocate a function to a button, open the option panel -> UI settings (top of the page).
Active button slots on toolbar are : left 1 to 7 (= all), right 1 to 4. (right buttons 5 to 8 are not displayed).
Installation instructions :
- Step 0 : As a simple JRR addon, it requires you have JRR Skins Collection installed
- Step 1 :
Download the file, then unpack it on your desktop.
- Step 2 :
Do you know your LOTRO client's display resolution ?
- If yes, you can jump to step 3
- If you ignore it, just open the option panel in LOTRO and select the first tab called "graphic" as shown on the picture below :
- If you play in full screen mode, note your corresponding resolution. (For optimal picture quality, it should be equal to your native screen's resolution.)
- If you play in window mode, note your corresponding resolution.
- Step 3 :
- If your resolution is already 1920x1200, Jump to step 4
Your LOTRO display resolution IS NOT
1920x1200 pixels, so you need to manually edit the skindefinition.xml
files present in the folder you unpacked,
within sub folders called _SmallBar default
, _SmallBar alternate vitals
and _SmallBar No extended panels
. There is 1 skindefinition.xml
To edit a skindefinition.xml file, open it with Window's Notepad, Notepad++
(it's a freeware) or any else text editor.
Don't panic ! You'll just have to modify 2 numbers near the beginning of the text
The needed explanations about how to proceed are logged into the skindefinition.xml
- Step 4 :
files are set for your own resolution.
- Copy the "JRR addon - SmallBar" folder in your "my documents" --> "The Lord of the Rings Online" (this is where your LOTRO screenshots are located) --> "ui" (not in capitals) --> "skins" (plural), create these sub-folder if they don't already exist.
- When done, it should look like :
- Exit LOTRO client if it is running, then (re)launch LOTRO.
- Log on the character onto you want to apply the _JRR SmallBar or the two others profiles. Select the theme from the panel menu --> UI Settings, as shown on the picture below.
- In order to be displayed at the correct position, it requires you have the toolbar's default size defined in the option panel, as follow :
- logout (character selection menu) then come back into the game.
How to use "_JRR SmallBar No-Ext" and "_JRR SmallBar Alt.Vitals"special profiles :
- You're done with install
- "_JRR SmallBar No-Ext" is a special profile dedicated to low resolutions screens. On this profile, no panel is extended.
Converting this add-on into a standalone release, a child's play !
- "_JRR SmallBar Alt.Vitals" displays alternate player/opponent vitals copied from B.G.M 5. The player vitals don't show its level. The player/opponent vitals can be placed closer to the bottom of the screen than standard vitals.
To enjoy this SmallBar release, you first need to download and install JRR Skins collection
, then the SmallBar
file available for download on this page.
But if you think "I just want to use SmallBar, I don't care the JRR other skins, I don't want to waste some space on my hard disk with all that crap..."
I answer you "There's no problem !" Indeed, each JRR skin is built as an add-on, so the whole JRR pack is modular !
In the facts, this means :
- Once JRR main pack and the SmallBar addon are installed on your computer, open the "JRR Skins collection
" folder, it is located there : "...Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/ui/skins/
- Inside this "JRR Skins collection
" folder, delete all the folders
present, except JRR CORE
- You're done !
You can go even deeper in the customization way by deleting, in the "JRR addon - SmallBar
" folder, the toolbar profiles folder(s) you don't want to display any more in the Lotro's skin choice menu !
FAQ and Known issues :
- I just installed JRR and SmallBar and selected one of the skins on my character, some panels are displayed in a strange manner, like upside down.
Logout then login back, this is a necessary step to apply the new custom panel settings.
- I just installed the last version of this SmallBar release and selected it on my character, but some panels backgrounds or other elements are replaced by a light gray frame
If only a few elements are grayed, this can be a error from my side (indicating a wrong location of a file in the skin). Don't hesitate to report me this kind of issues.
If a big amount of gray frames occurs, first ensure you installed the JRR skins pack at the right location on your hard drive, then ensure you installed the "JRR addon - SmallBar
" folder side by side with the "JRR Skins collection
(This is the new location for addons folders since JRR v4.0)
- My bags have no more borders neither their title bar with the big bag icon.
This is not a bug, this is a skinning choice.
If you consider this disappointing, not handy or ugly, you can use a bags replacement plugin, as HugeBag
, it is amazingly convenient and good looking !
Advanced users can choose to revert it by deleting the whole "Ultra Mini-packs" section in the skindefintion.mxl file of every skin they wanna fix, and repeat this operation after every SmallBar update.
- The map is no more full screen !
This is not a bug, this is a skinning choice, it is really convenient in some situations, and on multi screen systems.
In fact this displays the map in this actual size, without the zooming blur.
Advanced users can revert it by deleting the "Map Window" section in the skindefintion.mxl file of the used skin(s) profile(s), and repeat this operation after every SmallBar update.
- My character doesn't show in the dress room !
JRR skins doesn't supports resolutions with a height below 768 pixels.
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in full screen mode to get the dress room correctly displaying the character.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in full screen or windowed modes.
The special profile SmallBar No-ext allow to play with resolution equal or lower than 768 pixels height, in both windowed or full screen modes.
This profiles has all extended panels disabled.
- The auction house panel is too big !
Your screen is too small ^^
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in full screen mode to get the auction house panel entirely displayed and usable.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in full screen or windowed modes.
The special profile SmallBar No-ext allow to play with lowest resolution in both windowed or full screen modes, it has all extended panels disabled.
"Toolbar buttons don't push"
Since Rohan, Turbine bugged the toolbar code, then you now have to edit the "Y" value of the toolbar code in addition of its "X" value.
All needed explanations about what to do are logged into the skindefinition.xml files.
These files are located in the SmallBar skins profiles folders.
You can open and edit them with Window's Wordpad or any else text editor software.
I you play in window mode or switch between window mode and full screen mode, you can bypass the "Y" issue by simply setting the toolbar scale to a value different than 1.00 ( in lotro option panel -> UI settings tab) (0.99 or 1.01 is ok).
SmallBar is an original creation of MrJackdaw
, here is the homepage of the original release http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info336
I built the JRR edition of this toolbar, based on the codes and elements provided in UiBuilder
, released by The Old One
All other JRR credits are logged on the JRR Skins Collection homepage
Release notes :
V.4.11b December 16 2013 - Major update
- Fixes the opponent portrait bug introduced by lotro update 12.1
- I removed the level meter text from the toolbar, now it is much cleaner
V.4.9 July 26 2013
- I've extended the crafting Panel, the Legacy Extraction Panel, and the Legendary Item Dismantling Result window.
- Fixed/adjusted the Weaver (PVMP) venom pip meter
- Reworked the quest log main bar to fix many French and German minor localization issues.
- Fixed many minor German localization issues on auction panel.
- Dressing room : Enhanced the dye panel design and the drag bar
- Re-worked the color bars from the stable master's travel panel.
V.4.8 June 20 2013 Update 11.1 release
V.4.7 May 11 2013 Update 11 release
- Changed the backpacks inventory background and borders.
- Requires JRR v4.7 installed.
V.4.6c April 21 2013 Hotfix
- Fixes a missing picture (unusable overlay icon)
V.4.6b April 21 2013 Critical update
- A bug introduced in v4.6 was blocking the display of the master loot panel and the need/greed/pass window, my apologies for this.
V.4.5 March 07 2013
- Update 10 release.
V.4.3 December 18 2012 Major update
- Quick patch for update 9 : Stable master panel fixed.
V.4.2 October 29 2012 Major update
- Since Rohan expansion has released, custom toolbars require to edit the height value to position the toolbar.
This release no more include pre-made profiles. You will have to manually edit a line in the skindefinition.xml file (with Notepad or Wordpad or any else text editor) to fit your game resolution.
More explanations about what to do are logged in the skindefinition.xml file.
- Requires JRR v4.2 or above installed.
V.4.1 October 11 2012 Riders Of Rohan pre-release - Major update
- Requires JRR v4.1 or above installed. Please delete any previous installation folder of JRR and its addons before installing v4.1 (This doesn't concerns MMOUI Minion users)
- This update adds a preliminary support of the skill bank switching buttons and the new features embedded in JRR v4.1
- Known issue : You will have to set the toolbar scale to 1.01 or any other size than 1.00 (in option panel -> UI Settings) to get the skills and buttons clickable !
Or edit the skindefinition.xml file and in the line containing ID="ToolbarField" set the "Y" value equal to your lotro display resolution height minus the "height" value indicated on the same line.
- Requires JRR v4.0 or above installed.
- Installation folder name and location has changed
Please delete any previous installation of JRR and it addons before installing version 4.
- Now supported by LotrOnion (Refer to JRR v4.0 release notes for further informations).
- Requires JRR v3.3 or above installed.
- Less store buttons within panels, new quest tracker icon set, new secure trade panel backgrounds, etc...
- Requires JRR v3.2 or above installed.
V.2.9b (Hot Fix) 06/12/2012
- Fixed a display issue (undesired text title) on bag 6.
Version v2.8b May 14 2012
- Minimized the 6th bag button.
- Re-designed the runekeeper's small attunement meter.
Version v2.8 update 7 release May 14 2012
- I have re-allocated the toolbar buttons slots. Active slots now are : left 1 to 7 (= all), right 1 to 4. (right buttons 5 to 8 are not displayed)
- Requires JRR v2.8 or above installed.
Version v2.6 04/17/2012
- Fixes a good part of the crap introduced by the 5th anniversary update.
Version v2.5 04/17/2012
- Some fixes for the Lotro's 5th anniversary happy UI breaking.
- Some toolbar adjustments (and I also reorganized its code).
- A few other enhancements mainly around vitals.
Update 6 release
Requires JRR v2.0 or above installed.
v1.8 b - Major update
- Visual bug under xp meter fixed
- Lotro store button now replace the bag 3 button, at the left of the start menu.
- Weird icons on character panel are now masked (but still displayed on start menu ^^)
- "Alt vitals" profile modified : No more level displayed on player vital, player and opponent vital pictures come from Brygard's B.G.M 5.
- Requires JRR v1.8 installed.
Activates all JRR v1.8 new features.
Requires JRR v1.8 installed.
Added on request a new special profile with alternate vitals : _JRR SmallBar.alt.vitals
On this one, the level is displayed at the top of the portrait.
Theses vitals can be placed closer to the bottom of the screen than regular ones.
Activates all JRR v1.7b new features.
Requires JRR v1.7b installed.
Fixed the Bio, Wallet and PVP mini buttons issue.
Activates all JRR v1.6 new features, bug fixes and enhancements.
Requires JRR v1.6 installed.
Activates all JRR v1.5 new features.
Requires JRR v1.5 installed.
Activates all JRR v1.4b new features.
Requires JRR v1.4b installed.
Activates all JRR v1.3 new features.
Requires JRR v1.3 installed.
Just changed the pet vital bar's color to black.
Requires JRR v1.2 installed.
Added a new profile without extended panels ( designed for low resolution screens and more bug proof versus future client updates ).
You have to edit its skindefinition.xml file before using it in order to center the bar !
- This update activates the new features introduced in JRR v1.1 (custom start menu & target of the target's icon).
-Requires JRR v1.1 installed.
- Changed the default color to black. Added alternative color packs (blue and golden brown).
- Rewrote a part of the code to adjust all the alignments !
- Deleted useless files.
- Changed folder structure and names
- Changed the colors.
- Changed the skin names to _JRR SmallBar****.
Original releases (RC1 to RC3) :
-Designed for JRR v1.0
Changes compared to original UiBuilder 3.4.1 version :
- Corrected the outdated bar's alignment (x+20)
- Deleted the 2 outdated parts of code concerning runekeeper's attunement, JRR default attunement is set instead.
You can receive an automatic email notification on each new release of this addon.
For this, just register on lotrointerface.com (it's free),
then click on the "add to my favorites" button on this page
(near the top right of the page, below download button).
You can turn this option ON and OFF here (first frame).