About this add-on :
This is the JRR edition of the popular SmallBar quickslot toolbar, updated, improved, and included in the JRR main theme.
In order to simplify the installation until the last step, by avoiding you to have to manually edit the skin code, this add-on includes several pre-made profiles corresponding to the different custom screen resolutions settings you could run.
To allocate a function to a button, open the option panel -> UI settings (top of the page).
Active button slots on toolbar are : left 1 to 7 (= all), right 1 to 4. (right buttons 5 to 8 are not displayed).
Installing and using it :
- As a simple JRR add-on, it requires you have JRR installed
- Download the add-on and unpack it on your desktop.
- Copy the "JRR addon - SmallBar
" folder in your "my documents" --> "The Lord of the Rings Online" --> "UI" --> "skins" (plural)
folder (this is where your LOTRO screenshots are located).
folders don't exist, create it.
When done, it should look like :
- Exit Lotro client if it is running, then (re)launch Lotro.
- Log on the character onto you want to apply SmallBar.
- If you don't know how much pixels is the width of your screen (or client window depending if you play in fullscreen or window mode), you have to identify it, as follow :
Open your option menu, then "graphic" tab :
The first number is the width.
- go to the JRR skin selection menu to choose _JRR SmallBar**** where **** corresponds your lotro window or fullscreen width.
- logout (character selection menu) then come back into the game.
- You're done *
* In order to be displayed at the correct position, it requires you have the toolbar's default size defined in the option panel, as follow :
You can of course delete from the JRR folder all the
" profile folders you don't need, to avoid them to be dispayed in the ingame skin choice list.
These profiles are located in the folder : "...Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\JRR v2\@ Smallbar @\
How to use "JRR SmallBar_No-Ext" and "JRR SmallBar_alt-vitals"special profiles :
"_JRR SmallBar_No-Ext" is a special profile dedicated to low resolutions screens. On this profile, no panel is extended.
"Alt vitals" displays alternate player/opponent vitals copied from B.G.M 5.
The player vitals don't show its level.
The player/opponent vitals can be placed closer to the bottom of the screen than standard vitals.
If your lotro client width is not 1920 pixels, you first have to manually edit the profile in order to center the toolbar :
To identify your client's width, report to the explanations near the top of this page.
Then, look at the number below which corresponds to your game client's width.
(resolution - 380)/2
Resolution 1024 X something --> your number is 322
Resolution 1152 X something --> your number is 386
Resolution 1280 X something --> your number is 450
Resolution 1366 X something --> your number is 493
Resolution 1440 X something --> your number is 530
Resolution 1600 X something --> your number is 610
Resolution 1680 X something --> your number is 650
Resolution 1920 X something --> your number is 770 (default setting)
Resolution 2048 X something --> your number is 834
Resolution 2560 X something --> your number is 1090
Resolution 5760 X something (eyefinity 3x1920)
--> your number is 2690
- Go in C:\Documents and Settings\my account\My documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\JRR\_SmallBar No extended panels\
(you can also use Windows search to help you to locate _SmallBar No extended panels
- Open the file "skindefinition.xml
" with Window's Notepad or any text editor.
- Near the beginning of the text (8th line), look for :
<Element ID="ToolbarField" X="***" Y="2000" Width="420" Height="50">
- Replace the 3 stars by the number corresponding to your client's width.
- Save the file.
- If your Lotro client is running, exit it and restart it.
- Now in skin choice list, you can use "_JRR SmallBar_No-Ext"
Converting this add-on into a standalone release, a child's play !
To enjoy this SmallBar release, you first need to download and install JRR, then the SmallBar file downloadable on this page.
But if you think "I just want to use SmallBar, I don't care the JRR other skins, I don't want to waste some space on my hard disk with all that crap..."
I answer you "There's no problem !" Indeed, each JRR skin is built as an add-on, so the whole JRR pack is modular !
In the facts, this means :
- Once JRR and SmallBar are installed on your computer, open the "JRR Skins collection
" folder, it is located there : "...Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UI/skins/
- Inside this "JRR Skins collection
" folder, delete all the folders
present, except JRR CORE
- You're done !
You can go even deeper in the customization way by deleting, in the @ SmallBar @ folder, the toolbar profiles folder(s) you don't want to display any more in the Lotro's skin choice menu !
FAQ and Known issues :
- I just installed JRR and SmallBar and selected one of the skins on my character, some panels are displayed in a strange manner, like upside down.
Logout then login back, this is a necessary step to apply the new custom panel settings.
- I just installed the last version of this SmallBar release and selected it on my character, but some panels backgrounds or other elements are replaced by a light grey frame
If only a few elements are greyed, this can be a error from my side (indicating a wrong location of a file in the skin). Don't hesitate to report me this kind of issues.
If a big amount of grey frames occurs, first ensure you installed the JRR skins pack at the right location on your hard drive, then ensure you installed the "JRR addon - AzureGlass
" folder side by side with the "JRR Skins collection
(This is the new location for addons folders since JRR v4.0)
- Mounted combat/instance finder/lotro store menu buttons are not skinned and are too big to fit properly in the toolbar.
I did not forget to manage them in the skin. The problem is it will be possible to skin them only when Turbine will include it in the skinning pack update !
- My bags have no more borders neither their title bar with the big bag icon.
This is not a bug, this is a skinning choice.
If you consider this disappointing, not handy or ugly, you can use a bags replacement plugin, as HugeBag
, it is amazingly convenient and good looking !
Advanced users can choose to revert it by deleting the whole "Ultra Mini-packs" section in the skindefintion.mxl file of every skin they wanna fix, and repeat this operation after every SmallBar update.
- The map is no more fullscreen !
This is not a bug, this is a skinning choice, it is really convenient in some situations, and on multi screen systems.
In fact this displays themap in this actual size, without the zooming blur.
Advanced users can revert it by deleting the "Map Window" section in the skindefintion.mxl file of the used skin(s) profile(s), and repeat this operation after every SmallBar update.
- My character doesn't show in the dressroom !
JRR skins doesn't supports resolutions with a height below 768 pixels.
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in fullscreen mode to get the dressroom correctly displaying the character.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in fullscreen or windowed modes.
The special profile SmallBar No-ext allow to play with resolution equal or lower than 768 pixels height, in both windowed or full screen modes.
This profiles has all extended panels disabled.
- The auction house panel is too big !
Your screen is too small ^^
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in fullscreen mode to get the auction house panel entirely displayed and usable.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in fullscreen or windowed modes.
The special profile SmallBar No-ext allow to play with lowest resolution in both windowed or full screen modes, it has all extended panels disabled.
"Toolbar buttons don't push"
Since Rohan, Turbine bugged the toolbar code, then you now have to edit the "Y" value of the toolbar code in addidition of its "X" value.
All needed explanations about what to do are logged into the skindefinition.xml files.
These files are located in the SmallBar skins profiles folders.
You can open and edit them with Window's Wordap or any else texte editor software.
I you play in window mode or switch between window mode and fulscreen mode, you can bypass the "Y" issue by simply setting the toolbar scale to a value different than 1.00 ( in lotro option panel -> UI settings tab) (0.99 or 1.01 is ok).
SmallBar is an original creation of MrJackdaw
, here is the homepage of the original release http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info336
I built the JRR edition of this toolbar, based on the codes and elements provided in UiBuilder
, released by The Old One
All other JRR credits are logged on the JRR homepage
Release notes :
V.4.7 May 11 2013 Update 11 release
- Changed the backpacks inventory background and borders.
- Requires JRR v4.7 installed.
V.4.6c April 21 2013 Hotfix
- Fixes a missing picture (unusable overlay icon)
V.4.6b April 21 2013 Critical update
- A bug introduced in v4.6 was blocking the display of the master loot panel and the need/greed/pass window, my apologies for this.
V.4.5 March 07 2013
- Update 10 release.
V.4.3 December 18 2012 Major update
- Quick patch for update 9 : Stable master panel fixed.
V.4.2 October 29 2012 Major update
- Since Rohan expansion has released, custom toolbars require to edit the height value to position the toolbar.
This release no more include pre-made profiles. You will have to manually edit a line in the skindefinition.xml file (with Notepad or wordpad or any else text editor) to fit your game resolution.
More explanations about what to do are logged in the skindefinition.xml file.
- Requires JRR v4.2 or above installed.
V.4.1 October 11 2012 Riders Of Rohan pre-release - Major update
- Requires JRR v4.1 or above installed. Please delete any previous installation foler of JRR and its addons before installing v4.1 (This doesn't concerns MMOUI Minion users)
- This update adds a preliminary support of the skill bank switching buttons and the new features embedded in JRR v4.1
- Known issue : You will have to set the toolbar scale to 1.01 or any other size than 1.00 (in option panel -> UI Settings) to get the skills and buttons clickable !
Or edit the skindefinition.xml file and in the line containing ID="ToolbarField" set the "Y" value equal to your lotro display resolution height minus the "height" value indicated on the same line.
- Requires JRR v4.0 or above installed.
- Installation folder name and location has changed
Please delete any previous installation of JRR and it addons before installing version 4.
- Now supported by LotrOnion (Refer to JRR v4.0 release notes for further informations).
- Requires JRR v3.3 or above installed.
- Less store buttons within panels, new quest tracker icon set, new secure trade panel backgrounds, etc...
- Requires JRR v3.2 or above installed.
V.2.9b (Hot Fix) 06/12/2012
- Fixed a display issue (undesired text title) on bag 6.
Version v2.8b May 14 2012
- Minimized the 6th bag button.
- Re-designed the runekeeper's small attunement meter.
Version v2.8 update 7 release May 14 2012
- I have re-allocated the toolbar buttons slots. Active slots now are : left 1 to 7 (= all), right 1 to 4. (right buttons 5 to 8 are not displayed)
- Requires JRR v2.8 or above installed.
Version v2.6 04/17/2012
- Fixes a good part of the crap introduced by the 5th anniversary update.
Version v2.5 04/17/2012
- Some fixes for the Lotro's 5th anniversary happy UI breaking.
- Some toolbar adjustments (and I also reorganized its code).
- A few other enhancements mainly around vitals.
Update 6 release
Requires JRR v2.0 or above installed.
v1.8 b - Major update
- Visual bug under xp meter fixed
- Lotro store button now replace the bag 3 button, at the left of the start menu.
- Weird icons on character panel are now masked (but still displayed on start menu ^^)
- "Alt vitals" profile modified : No more level displayed on player vital, player and opponent vital pictures come from Brygard's B.G.M 5.
- Requires JRR v1.8 installed.
Activates all JRR v1.8 new features.
Requires JRR v1.8 installed.
Added on request a new special profile with alternate vitals : _JRR SmallBar.alt.vitals
On this one, the level is displayed at the top of the portrait.
Theses vitals can be placed closer to the bottom of the screen than regular ones.
Activates all JRR v1.7b new features.
Requires JRR v1.7b installed.
Fixed the Bio, Wallet and PVP mini buttons issue.
Activates all JRR v1.6 new features, bug fixes and enhancements.
Requires JRR v1.6 installed.
Activates all JRR v1.5 new features.
Requires JRR v1.5 installed.
Activates all JRR v1.4b new features.
Requires JRR v1.4b installed.
Activates all JRR v1.3 new features.
Requires JRR v1.3 installed.
Just changed the pet vital bar's color to black.
Requires JRR v1.2 installed.
Added a new profile without extended panels ( designed for low resolution screens and more bug proof versus future client updates ).
You have to edit its skindefinition.xml file before using it in order to center the bar !
- This update activates the new features introduced in JRR v1.1 (custom start menu & target of the target's icon).
-Requires JRR v1.1 installed.
- Changed the default color to black. Added alternative color packs (blue and golden brown).
- Rewrote a part of the code to adjust all the alignments !
- Deleted useless files.
- Changed folder structure and names
- Changed the colors.
- Changed the skin names to _JRR SmallBar****.
Original releases (RC1 to RC3) :
-Designed for JRR v1.0
Changes compared to original UiBuilder 3.4.1 version :
- Corrected the outdated bar's alignment (x+20)
- Deleted the 2 outdated parts of code concerning runekeeper's attunement, JRR default attunement is set instead.
You can receive an automatic email notification on each new release of this add-on.
For this, just register on lotrointerface.com (it's free) with a valid email address,
then click on the "add to my favorites" button on this page
(near the top right of the page, below download button).
You can turn this option ON and OFF here (first frame).