- A tribute to Middle Earth -
Latest Update(s) :
Version 4.7 May 11 2013
- Customized a few new elements from update 11
- Updated the deed log code to include Wildermore region
- Spirits of Elfwood : Fixed the character panel cosmetic tab mislocated picture
- A few minor enhancements on several skins
Full version history logged HERE
Short introduction :
"One skin to gather them all, One skin to fix them,
One skin to update them all, and in LotRO enjoy them."
(like Tolkien) stands for "Jack's RedPin Revisited
is, first of all, a complete theme designed for today's high resolution screens.
It also offers you to enjoy a collection of legacy/tribute themes, updated and revisited !
There are currently 19 themes included in the main download ! And you can download three add-ons !
For those who could wonder : The bags have intentionally no borders neither title bar, making them stackable, they can be moved by their left side, at a few pixels of it.
If you consider this disappointing or ugly, you can use a bags replacement plugin, as HugeBag or Alt Inventory.
- The theme JRR A
is a minimal dark glass theme, inspired and built with many Brygard's B.G.M
- The theme JRR B
offers a bit more transparency on the autoattack button, the system buttons located at the left and the right of the toolbar are turned invisible.
- The theme JRR C
is designed for characters who reached the max level. Auto-attack button is a bit more translucent. XP bar is turned invisible. All system buttons are set invisible, except when passing the mouse over them.
Last but not least, the JRR skin collection is entirely modular :
Indeed, I built every JRR
skin to work as an add-on !
This means, as a simple user, you can customize the content of the whole JRR
pack in just a few seconds, by simply deleting any skin folder you don't want to be featured any more !
For this, open the JRR
main folder, it is located there : "...Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\JRR Skins collection\"
Inside this "JRR Skins collection
" folder, delete any folder corresponding to the skins you want to remove from the pack, and you're done, that's as simple as it
Just don't remove the folder named "JRR CORE
", as mentioned in its name, it contains all the shared files necessary for the whole JRR
skins to display correctly
Story of this project :
When I looked at lotrointerface.com for the first time, unfortunately it was after the f2p update.
Turbine had not released any skinning pack resource since years then almost all of the themes I wanted to test were partially damaged by LOTRO changes introduced updates after updates, and the authors seemed having discontinued their development for the reasons above
The "Jack's RedPinUI
" v1.0 seemed to be the only one which had the base UI I was looking for, and which had not suffered a lot of damages, so I started using it and to customize it, step by step.
The purpose of this compilation was, in the first time, only to adapt the original work to the design I was looking for :
Some convenient customizations, as extended panels, designed for high resolution screens.
The basic interface features, as bags, vital bars and minimap have a minimalist design in order to preserve a clear view.
In a second time, I still had in mind the numerous bugged or outdated great themes I downloaded when I browsed LotroInterface. I wanted to be able to run them in game as well as if they were updated yesterday !
That's how came the idea to display their toolbar as tribute add-on within JRR
In a third time, on JRR
v2, since I was more familiar with skin coding, I decided to deliver full versions of some add-ons, freely adapted for a JRR
This means if you like a JRR
theme, you could prefer (or not) its original release. It's a matter of taste.
resolution of 1024 pixels width and 768 pixels height is required, 1440X900 or higher is highly recommended.
If you are below 1024 pixels width and/or 768 pixels height, you can still enjoy the JRR SmallBar add-on
by selecting its "_JRR Small_No-Ext
" special profile. On it, every panels has Lotro's default size.
(click to enlarge)
If you're not familiar with themes installation :
- Download and unpack the .ZIP file on your desktop (with Windows, 7-zip
(freeware) or Winrar ) then copy the folder named "JRR Skins collection
" in "(My) Documents
" --> "The Lord of the Rings Online
" --> "UI
" --> "skins
folders don't exist, create it.
Usually the path is C:\User(s)\*your account name*\documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\UI\skins\
(It is the same folder that contains your LOTRO screenshots.)
When done, it should look like this :
- If your LOTRO client is running, close it and restart it.
- Open LOTRO option panel, then select "ui settings"
section, and look at the first line, user current skin
("user's interface appearance"
Use the select menu to choose one of the themes. (As shown on the picture below)
(click to enlarge)
After you selected a JRR theme, you have to logout (switch to the character selection menu) to apply the new correct parameters. After that you can go back into the game and enjoy all JRR features.
Except " Monsters Lair *short* " and "Delving Hills *Short* ", which both have custom toolbar settings", all the themes featured in the main download share the same panels settings. This means once your character has applied these settings a first time (by logout then login back), you can freely swich between the main download themes and fully enjoy it without having to to perform another logout / login back. (except for the 2 skins mentioned above).
Panels enhancements included in each JRR skin :
- A bigger dressing room
- A bigger barter panel
- A bigger quest panel
- A bigger auction Panel
- A bigger master loot list
- A bigger mail panel
- A bigger vendor panel
- Much smaller bags (no more titlebar, ultra thin borders)
- Numerical PVP rank icons
- A Transparent map tracker
- A windowed map
- Custom Saruman rings
- Virtues panel icons re-organized by affinities
- A Crafting Panel with localization fixes
- A warden gambit (combo panel) without current skill names displayed
- Less annoying store buttons within various panels
. . . Store buttons removed :
FAQ and Known issues :
- I just installed JRR and selected one of the skins on my character, some panels are displayed in a strange manner, like upside down.
- Character panel : Equipment tab (enhance) & Appearance tab (buy outfits) buttons
- Auction house (buy more selling slots)
- "circle" virtues panel : The "buy virtue +1" overlay icon is set invisible but still functional.
- Deed log "accelerate" button
- Destiny barter
- Crafting panel : buy recipes / buy mats / accelerate buttons
- Quest book "daily task limit +1" button
- Relic Master panel
Logout then login back, this is a necessary step to apply the new custom panel settings.
Once you did it, and since you stay on JRR universal toolbar skins, you will be able to switch from a skin to another one without having to logout again.
All the skins included in the main JRR pack are universal toolbar skins, except Delving Hills short and Monsters Lair short.
- I installed a JRR addon and selected it on my character, but some panels backgrounds or other elements are replaced by a light grey frame
If only a few elements are greyed, this can be a error from my side (indicating a wrong location of a file in teh skin). Don't hesitate to report me this kind of issues.
If a big amount of grey frames occurs, first ensure you installed the JRR skins pack at the right location on your hard drive, then ensure you installed the addon folder side by side with the "JRR Skins collection
" folder. (This is the new location for addons folders since JRR v4.0)
- Mounted combat/instance finder/lotro store menu buttons are not skinned or cannot be turned invisible on some short bars.
I did not forget to manage them in the skins. The problem is it will be possible to skin them only when Turbine will include it in the skinning pack update !
To turn these icons invisible on short bar, open the option panel -> UI Settings tab, and then allocate another function on the rebel button.
- My bags have no more borders neither their title bar with the big bag icon.
This is not a bug, this is a skinning choice.
If you consider this disappointing, not handy or ugly, you can use a bags replacement plugin, as HugeBag
, it is amazingly convenient and good looking !
Advanced users can choose to revert it by deleting the whole "Ultra Mini-packs" section in the skindefintion.mxl file of every skin they wanna fix, and repeat this operation after every JRR update.
- The map is no more fullscreen !
This is not a bug, this is a skinning choice, it is really convenient in some situations, and on multi screen systems.
In fact this displays the map in this actual size, without the zooming blur.
Advanced users can revert it by deleting the "Map Window" section in the skindefintion.mxl file of every skin they wanna fix, and repeat this operation after every JRR update.
- On delving Hills short / Monsters Lair short / BGM Opaque Short, my toolbar is not centered or its buttons cannot be clicked.
These 2 special profiles require the user to edit their respective skindefinition.xml
file to position the toolbar depending their game resolution.
All required informations about how to proceed are logged into their skindefinition.xml
file. Open it with any text editor, like Wordpad or Notepad.
I you play in window mode or switch between window mode and fulscreen mode, you can bypass the "Y" issue by simply setting the toolbar scale to a value different than 1.00 ( in lotro option panel -> UI settings tab) (0.99 or 1.01 is ok).
- My character doesn't show in the dressroom !
JRR skins collection doesn't supports resolutions with a height below 768 pixels.
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in fullscreen mode to get the dressroom correctly displaying the character.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in fullscreen or windowed modes.
- The auction house panel is too big !
Your screen is too small ^^
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in fullscreen mode to get the auction house panel entirely displayed and usable.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in fullscreen or windowed modes.
Individual skins credits :
- "AuC" original contents come from "AuC Theme - Blue (SoM)
" by Gaylen. Many additional panel backgrounds grabbed on google.
- "B.G.M" "Opaque" and "Translucent" are freely revisited editions of "Black Glass Mix
" by Brygard.
- "Delving Hills" both profiles are a JRR
revisited edition of "Delving Hills
" by Wicked Mouse. The loading screen comes from Elven Adventuress UI
- "Durin's Folk *short* and *Large*" original contents come from "LM Durin's Folk Revisited
" by LedMirage & daimon.
- "Eorlingas" both profiles original contents come from "Eorlingas
", by Ledmirage and from Eorlingas Revisited Again
by ElfHeart. Character panel background by Ruiz Burgos
- "Greenleaves" mainbar and minimap come from "Greenleaves
" by Chevrefeuille, panel borders and parchment titlebars come from Kaylan's Scroll Action Bar
- "JappMe *short* and *Large*" original contents come from "JappMe MoM Ivy
" 2.0.2 and JappMe Isengard
, both by JappMe.
- "Monsters Lair" is a JRR
exclusivity, by Adra. It delivers a full "monster play" looking theme. The short toolbar design is based on Small Monster Play Toolbar
, by AP Erebus.
- "Spirit of Elfwood" original contents come from "Spirit of Elfwood Reborn
" by Kuvasie, Ryshia & Elfheart.
- "The White Hand *large*" original contents come from "The White Hand
", by Kaylan.
- "The White Hand *short*" is a JRR
exclusive edition of "The White Hand
Global credits :
was Built from Jack's RedPin-UI 1.0
by Jack of Windfola as starting base !
- Many panels elements are from Brygard's B.G.M
, some other pictures and codes come from Eclipse UI
, Azure Glass
- I used some wallpapers and artworks from LOTRO, "lord of the rings" the movie and of the game "the battle for the middle earth II".
- "Larger Auction Panel
" by Thrashfinger, modified by Wicky71 and by Adra.
- Extended quest panel, by Adra.
- Numerical PVP rank icons & vitals pvp rank display fix, by Adra.
- Dressing room by Brygard, modified by Jack and by Adra.
- Custom Saruman rings, by Adra.
- "Transparent Map Tracker
" by Hazado.
- Mail and vendor parts from "Firefern's Crafting, Vendor and Dressing Room
" by Mirarkitty
- "Extended Barter
" by The Old One, modified by Adra.
- "Ultra Mini-packs!"
- Attunement bar (Rune keeper) from "ZerCleanUI
" theme, by Zerstor.
- Gambit backgrounds by Halvr
- "Warden Gloss
" by Zamos.
- Virtues Re-organized by Adra.
- Map window from Eclipse UI
, by Eclipse aka Shivega.
- Reforged crafting panel by Adra, based on the crafting window from JappMe's JappMe Isengard
- Some store buttons removal codes are from Elwe's no store button
, some others by Adra.
Main download screenshots : (OUTDATED)
(Many skins from the pack aren't shown here !)
Separate Addons : (click the pictures to access their own download page)Other skin I maintain :
JRR - AuC
JRR - BGM *Opaque*
JRR - Delving Hills *Short*
JRR - Delving Hills *Large*
JRR - Durin's Folk *Large*
JRR - Eorlingas *Large*
JRR - Greenleaves
JRR - JappMe *Large*
JRR - Monsters Lair *Large*
JRR - Spirit of Eflwood
JRR - The White Hand *Large*
You can receive an automatic email notification on each new release of this skin collection.
For this, just register on lotrointerface.com (it's free) with a valid email address,
then click on the "add to my favorites" button on this page
(near the top right of the page, under the download button).
You can turn this option ON and OFF here (first option)