- View your Damage Dealt, Damage Taken, Outgoing & Incoming Healing and Power Restore information in game in real time.
- View information about how long buffs were kept up on you and how long you kept debuffs on mobs.
- See a breakdown of per skill information and a wide range of combat statistics.
- Extremely Customizable UI (it is strongly recommended you read the instructions below to discover all the available features).
- Automatically generate messages to post your total values to the chat window.
- Save/Load & Share your combat data.
- Track debuffs/CC on your buffbar if using Buffbars 2.0.1+ with Combat Analysis 4.1.2+ (see the Mob Debuff and Mob CC trigger options in Buffbars).
All features available.
All features available.
See Add-On above.
See this link
Combat Analysis Version 4.2
(see pictures on the right)
If you have a previous version of CombatAnalysis installed, delete the old CombatAnalysis folder first
Download the .zip file.
Extract the CombatAnalysis folder from inside the .zip file into your LOTRO "Plugins" directory: "(My) Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/Plugins" (you may need to create this folder if it doesn't already exist, which has to be called Plugins with a capital "P"). Ensure you have the folder called CombatAnalysis (not CombatAnalysisZip
) directly inside the Plugins folder.
Open up the Lord of the Rings client (if not already running).
Type /plugins refresh, followed by /plugins load CombatAnalysis, or use the in-game Plugin Manager.
Most of the stated values are fairly obvious. Some of the calculations that may not be so straightforward are listed below:
When viewing a player, this shows the total amount the player contributed as a percentage of the total amount contributed by all players. When viewing a skill, it shows the total amount contributed by that skill as a percentage of the total amount contributed by all skills (for the relevant player).
Similar to Totals %.
Does not include attacks that did no damage, but does include partial hits
Does not includes attacks that did no damage, but does include partial hits
Critical Hits %
= critical hits / (hits - partial avoids)
= devastates / (hits - partial avoids)
= hits (includes partials) / attacks
= absorbs / hits
= immunes / attacks
= misses / attacks
= deflects / attacks
= resists / (attacks - misses - deflects) [NB: deflects to be included in equation in v4.2.3]
Includes blocks, parrys, & evades, as well as partial blocks, partial parrys, & partial evades
Includes only blocks, parrys, & evades
Includes only partial blocks, partial parrys, & partial evades
Any Avoidance %
= avoid / (attacks - misses - deflects) [NB: deflects to be included in equation in v4.2.3]
Only increments when you successfully interrupt a target.
Only increments when you successfully remove a corruption.
Damage Type %
= damage of that type / total damage
4.1.0+ New Features
Breakdown of information by Crits/Devs/Partials/etc
In the stats panel, the selected skill is now shown more visibly under the title bar. Additionally, there is a new drop down menu that shows additional stat information. Selecting any on of the items in the list (eg: crits & devs) will show the total amount/proportion of damage done by that type of attack, as well as the average damage, etc.
Temporary Morale Tracking
Temporary Morale is now tracked. It shows up in purple along with other Heal information. It is included in the Send to Chat Data. The stats panel shows the amount of temporary morale heals that were wasted (timed out).
Note that only INCOMING temporary morale values can be recorded. The size of outgoing temporary morale bubbles is not recorded, as this does not appear in the player's combat log.
Combat Analysis now tracks the proportion of time that certain buffs were kept on the player, and that you kept certain debuffs on mobs. There are two new tabs that display this information, and it can also be sent to the chat window. The list of tracked buffs/debuffs can be configuration via the menu
Note that debuff tracking is based on the Combat Log data, so will be inaccurate when debuffs are applied to mobs with the same name.
The buff/debuff information is displayed in new tabs that aren't shown by default. To bring up this info, right click on any tab, and select "Restore Tab -> Buff" (or Debuff), or use the menu.
In addition, you can now track Debuffs and CC that you place on Mobs if running Combat Analysis 4.1.2+ with Buffbars 2.0.1+. Select the Mob Debuff and Mob CC triggers in Buffbars to get started.
You can now load and save your data!
Access the file dialog screen by clicking the load or save icons in the mini menu accessed by right clicking the Combat Analysis Logo, by typing "/ca save" or "/ca load", or by clicking the load/save buttons in the menu (accessible by typing "/ca options").
When saving, you select all the encounters that you want to include in the save file. Saved files can be combined (or you can select multiple files and combine them when loading).
Saved data is accessible from any character on the same account.
Note that the file dialog allows all the file options you would expect (save, rename, delete, combine), but the LUA API doesn't really allow the deletion of files, etc, so the list you see in game may not represent what really exists in the file system.
You can load save files that are given to you by someone else by inserting them into your "Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData\<account name>\AllServers" folder. The file won't appear in the file dialog in game, but you can type in the name of the file (ignoring the "CombatAnalysisDataFile_" prefix) manually to load it.
Note that as of the first update after Isengard, many pet actions are actually listed under the player's name including:
- Most (maybe all) heals or power restores
- Any bleeds
Combat Entry/Exit and DPS values:
Encounters begin when you enter combat, and end when you leave combat.
The DPS values for individual mobs are calculated based on the start-time being when you first hit the mob (or were hit by the mob), and the end time being the moment the mob died (or when combat ends if the mob did not die). These values will always be slightly lower than the DPS values based on combat starting and ending (and are in most cases comparable to old cstats parses).
The minimum duration on all fights is set to one second.
If you are fighting multiple mobs with the same name, there is no way to detect which one you are hitting, so we make the assumption that you are always hitting the same mob, until it dies, and then assume you are now hitting a new mob (after a 1.5 second grace period).
Loading the plugin while UI elements are hidden:
Due to LOTRO plugin limitations, there is no way to know the current UI state. So if you load the plugin while your UI elements are hidden then the Combat Analysis windows will hide when the UI is redisplayed (and vice versa).
Don't load the plugin while your UI is hidden.
Resizing the screen to a smaller resolution causes the Combat Analysis windows to get lost:
Due to LOTRO plugin limitations, there is no way to know when the screen is resized.
Reload the plugin, and the Combat Analysis windows will ensure they fit to the screen.
The Send to Chat button can be dragged away.
Sending data to chat requires creating a Quickslot, which you can drag off the bar (by dragging away and then back).
To update the Send to Chat button again, select the chat channel.
Plan for Future Releases:
4.3/4.4: Include charts showing a moving average of DPS, etc, and showing a full timestamped log of all combat actions over the last 10m or so, & add Floaty Info (display configurable floating information, including damage dealt, damage taken, heals, power restores, and the use of special skills such as in-harms-way, bubbles, etc)
If anyone wants to help work on this, send me a PM either on these forums or the LOTRO forums.
A Note to users of Version 3.0
aka: Why is the ability to connect to other players gone!?
I know, I know. I'm sad about it too. This was the best feature of Combat Analysis for many users.
The RoI expansion included an update to LUA which allows us to now parse the user's combat log in the game. This allows for a considerable improvement in performance over the previous method (which required frequent hacky loading and saving from the hard drive, and caused many users to have stuttering issues as their hard drive struggled to keep up). Implementing in game parsing required an almost complete rewrite of the plugin (parsing was previously all done in the external app written in C#). It would of course be possible to continue loading in data from other users using an external application as before, while parsing the player's own data in game, and I may restore the ability to do this in the future.
That said, it is possible that Turbine may eventually open up the ability to see the chat logs of other players in game, making any external app redundant. So its likely I will focus on adding other features instead, at least in the near future.
Please note that Combat Analysis version 3 should still work in game (with some minor errors such as ignoring self heals), and players who prefer the ability to connect to each other can continue to use it if preferred. Additionally, Combat Analysis version 4 includes a "Send to Chat" button (currently disabled, but will be added shortly), so you can share your total DPS/HPS/etc values if desired. This feature may be expanded to allow for sending more information in future versions.
Hotfix 4.2.3(b) (1 Jan 2013 04:10 EST):
- Properly fixed the generation of save names when autosaving so there should no longer be any errors
- The CA logo now stays hidden after toggling F12, and the dragbar only shows when applicable
- The correct damage type is now displayed for damage done in mounted combat (English only)
- Added some missing Hunter skills to the German translation file to prevent errors when playing as a Hunter
Hotfix 4.2.2 (23 Dec 2012 19:15 EST):
- Added 'deflect' as an avoidance type (only tracked in the English version for now)
- Fixed a bug where you would sometimes receive an error when autosaving encounters if the generated file name was too long
Hotfix 4.2.1 (22 Dec 2012 20:00 EST):
- Added some missing lines to the locale file that was causing the plugin to fail to load for Lore Masters
- Added a couple of missing German translations
Update 4.2.0(b) (21 Dec 2012 20:30 EST):
* Added a complete menu
* Many new configuration options (including combat timers, and UI color schemes)
* Added a logo icon that can be used to show/hide/lock all windows
* Auto Saving options
* You can manually configure which buff/debuff/CC/temp morale skills are tracked, and their associated details
* You can also now set up multiple trait configuration settings (for debuffs & CC) to track
- Added a tutorial window
- Many minor UI improvements
- Numerous minor bug fixes
- Fixed a bug where a debuff/CC could occasionally not appear in the Buffbars effect bars
- Fixed the RoR bug that caused spurious error messages on load
Update 4.1.6 (05 May 2012 01:00 EST):
- Fixed a bug in the german translation that caused issues with temporary morale bubbles
- Pets damage is now detected with 100% accuracy by checking against the new combat channels
Update 4.1.5 (27 Apr 2012 03:30 EST):
- Send to chat now has a Tribe option instead of Kinship option for creep players
- Fellow players should no longer occasionally appear randomly in the mob targets list with no data
- Stun Immunity no longer is occasionally removed early and cannot become stuck on the screen
- Debuff timers are now correctly recorded (even when you don't have the debuff panel showing on screen the whole time)
- Fixed a rare bug where Debuffs failed to be terminated (and could result in errors, preventing saving) when several mobs were killed within a short timeframe
- Debuffs are now loaded from save files along with all the other info
- Can now save and load in combat without getting errors
- Stances (under the Buff tab) no longer display the number of uses (as this info is erronous anyway)
- Added support for debuffs that apply with a different name
- Added support for debuffs that don't override themselves
- Added Imminent Cleansing debuff, and CtD
- Added Burglar devastating buffs, and QK stance buff
- Added Martyrs Stangard set bonus temp morale clicky
- Added the Frost Ring temp morale bubble (English version only) - I intend to prevent this from being tracked at all at some point
Update 4.1.4 (11 Apr 2012 04:00 EST):
- Fixed a bug in the German translation where it would give an error every time there was a miss in the log
- Fixed a bug where the stats window could occasionally fail to hide after being unlocked from the window title.
Update 4.1.3 (8 Apr 2012 07:30 EST):
- Added a death event for MP kills (where you got the KB)
- When saving a file with an invalid name, the "Saving..." message will no longer be stuck on screen (and the encounter data will not appear in blue indicating that it has been saved)
- When opening the save dialog after previously saving data, the encounter data for previously saved data will not always reset to unchecked when alternating between screens.
- Some German translation fixes.
- Added stun immunity as a tracked CC effect, and Challenge as a tracked debuff.
- Added Lore Master icons for all debuffs
Update 4.1.2 (25 Mar 2012 03:30 EST):
- Fixed a number of issues with the Buffbars effect tracking, and added icons for all debuffs except Lore Master ones.
- Added some better error checking when loading settings files.
Update 4.1.1 (18 Mar 2012 23:30 EST):
- German translation of file dialog added, and some other minor additions.
- Fixed a bug where the settings file could occasionally fail to load when some tabs were closed.
Update 4.1.0 (14 Mar 2012 05:15 EST):
* Stat breakdown by attack type
* Temporary Morale is now tracked
* Buffs/Debuffs are now tracked
* Data can now be saved & loaded
- Slightly upped the contrast of the combo boxes, and made a few other minor UI updates, including changes to the way large numbers are formatted
- The totals encounter now shows a list of mobs, showing the total damage done to mobs with the same name
- Mob timers are now more accurate when killing mobs with the same name sequentially.
- The settings file is now in a more readable format
- Save files saved in one localization can be read by clients running a different localization
- Direct damage (damage that does not include a skill name) is now tracked.
- The stats panel now updates durations correctly when in "auto hide" (or always hide) mode.
- 12:00-13:00 now correctly shows as pm. de/fr clients use 24h clocks.
- Fixed several issues surrounding player timers when killed/revived
- Fixed a bug where auto hiding of tabs would often return to "off" after reloading the plugin.
- Fixed a bug where a locked stat item would be overridden by changes to the stat window visibility mode
- Fixed a bug where minimized windows would shift position (right) when the plugin was reloaded.
- The Stats Window now disappears instantly on F12 (doesn't fade)
Update 4.0.4 (02 Feb 2012 05:30 EST):
* The send to chat button finally works! You can choose which channel (say, fellowship, raid, or kinship) to send the info to, and which information to include.
* Damage taken by pets is now shown.
- Players/pets whose name ends with "heal" do not get errors when they perform heals.
- Heals for less than 10 don't result in errors.
- Self-inflicted damage is now better handled (only shows as damage taken)
- Improved mob/pet detection (ie: removed several possible invalid mob detections as a result of unusual lines in the combat log).
- The timer of the last mob killed in an encounter is no longer sometimes doubled.
- 3 seconds after combat ends, CombatAnalysis no longer steals focus away from the chat window!
- It is no longer possible for bars to occasionally frantically switch order.
- Resetting the totals encounter no longer appears to start the timer while out of combat.
- An issue with localization detection was resolved, and saving data for fr/de clients is now much more efficient.
Update 4.0.3 (28 Jan 2012 08:30 EST):
- Light damage now included in stats window.
- German localization added.
Update 4.0.2 (22 Oct 2011 01:15 EST):
* The total and attacks stats now show a percentage (see stats calculations above for more details).
* You can lock a particular bar's info in the stats window by clicking the lock icon or control-clicking a bar (ie: once locked, the stats info won't change until you unlock the bar, or change the target). While a stats bar's info is locked, the "always hide" visibility option will be overriden. (More info about this will be added to the instructions above soon.)
Restored Features (from version 3)
* Windows/Tabs that aren't shown on screen consume zero processing time.
* The Stats window fades in and out (if not in "always show" mode).
Restored Features (from version 2)
* Windows snap into place while being moved when they are within a few pixels from another window.
- The "Send to Chat" button now appears but is still not clickable. Hopefully I can restore the functionality soon, but I need to ensure its definitely not causing crashes anymore first.
- The saved settings no longer get out of synch if a stats window is detached and the plugin immediately unloaded.
- The name for an encounter is now correctly selected based on the mob that took the most total damage from all connected players (ie: you and your pet(s)).
- The resize button stays hidden when minimizing and then restoring a window when there is no background showing.
- Misclicking (by a few pixels) on leftmost tab doesn't immediately start dragging (moving) the window.
- The stats panel shows percentage values when slightly narrower than before.
- The ps stat in the stats window now shows 1 decimal place for ps values up to 10,000.
- Changing the order of, or moving tabs between windows, while the tab area is filled will scroll along to make the outcome of the performed action more obvious.
- You can now see which bar is being hovered over when the bar length is zero, and the window background is set to transparent.
- The stats panel now correctly updates when new data causes the bar ordering to change while the mouse is hovering over the bars (during combat).
Hotfix 4.0.1 (17 Oct 2011 21:30 EST):
- Can now back out of player details when the Auto select player details option is selected.
Update 4.0.0 (17 Oct 2011 02:30 EST):
Plugin rewritten to perform in-game parsing with considerable performance gains over previous versions.
Large UI update
* Much nicer UI in general. Matches the LOTRO look & feel considerably more than previous versions. Uses proper tabs (similar to the chat window). Uses standard LOTRO resize arrows. Improved color scheme. Less size restrictions.
* Can remove the title bar features and buttons from windows bringing them down to an extremely small size if desired. Individual windows can also be minimized/closed.
* Tabs can now be separated/combined to create as many/few windows as desired.
* The stat details window(s) can now be resized/positioned as desired on screen, and different sections can be expanded/collapsed. Also includes a few additional summary stats.
* Stats windows can separated/combined.
* Two alternative visibility modes added to stats windows.
* The ability to send output to the chat window.
* The ability to turn on automatic selection of player's details.
Restored Features (from version 2)
* Customizable windows. In particular, windows can be made fully transparent again.
* Can turn off/on automatic selection of new combat encounters
- There is no longer any external application, and you cannot connect directly to other players (see note above).
- The timestamped list of skill uses has been removed and will be replaced by a considerably better version in version 4.1.
Update 3.0.0 beta (14 Apr 2011 21:00 EST):
- Another major overhaul to entire system. Updated to work with new logs and complete UI update.
Some key new features are listed below
* updated to work with the new combat logs
* tabbed pane frees up screen room
* resizable UI
* dmg/heal/power info broken down per skill, and per attack
* stats info added
Update 2.0.2 (4 Feb 2011 23:00 EST):
- When displaying dmg/heal/power info in text mode, the values are now displayed correctly and no errors will be printed to the chat window.
- Partial pet avoids from mobs with long names no longer parsed as damage taken by the player.
Hotfix 2.0.1 (4 Feb 2011 08:00 EST):
- Fixed a significant issue that caused the host to frequently send invalid info to clients (when 3 or more people were connected).
- Incoming pet heals are no longer counted twice.
- Fixed an error that could print in game if certain windows were closed while udpating.
Update 2.0.0 (3 Feb 2011 23:00 EST):
- Major overhaul to entire system. Many new features and improvements.
Some key new features are listed below
* sticky windows & window links
* dmg taken breakdown by type
* dmg taken, heal and power info parsed and sent between players
* improved UI customization
* better tracking of pets
* ability to block users
* large hits BETA
* improved performance in-game
* improved performance in application
* reduced bandwidth usage
Some key bug fixes from the first version are listed below
* reflect damage now included
* non standard damage types now included
* pets with spaces in their names (default names) can now be parsed correctly
* players with "-1" at the end of their name now have their information parsed correctly
* combat no longer hangs when killing a mob quickly
Hotfix 1.0.2 (11 Jan 2011 09:00 EST):
- Fixed a crash that could occasionally occur if damage was taken while out of combat.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when someone in your fellowship retreated if your Combat Tab included the standard filter.
- Additionally, damage from an unspecified source (such as the bleed in the Watcher room) is now included.
Hotfix 1.0.1 (10 Jan 2011 23:15 EST):
- Fixed a potential crash that sometimes occurred when clients joined/left a server.
1.0.0 (10 Jan 2011):
- Initial Release