Larger Auction Panel 2 (Wider) Auctions Tab v2.0.6
Larger Auction Panel 2 (Wider) Bids Tab v2.0.6
Larger Auction Panel 2 (Wider) Post Tab v2.0.6
Stock Auction Panel Volume 3 Book 2 (1024×768)
(Created for Lord of the Rings Online: Volume 3 Book 2)
Larger Auction Panel v2 (Wider) is a major reconfiguration of
the stock Auction Panel UI layout (intended for players using
larger resolutions) to make more efficient use of the visible
display area WHEN PLAYING ON DISPLAYS LARGER THAN 1024×768.
Enlarging the main Auction Panel and moving and resizing almost
every button, box, label, and dropdown menu on each of the three
tabs has more than doubled the usable space on the Auction Panel
interface. As a result, more items are visible on all three tabs
making browsing, buying, and selling items in the auction house
a bit easier for players using larger displays and resolutions.
Major changes in Larger Auction Panel v2 (Wider):
• Nine items are now visible on the Auctions tab.
- (up from three [default ui] & six [Larger Auction Panel v1])
• Ten items are now visible on the Bids tab.
- (up from four [default ui] & six [Larger Auction Panel v1])
• Ten items are now visible on the Posted tab.
- (up from three [default ui] & seven [Larger Auction Panel v1])
• Bags are not visible while using Larger Auction Panel v2 at
1024×768, but can be accessed via a keybinding to open/close
all inventory bags while viewing the auction house interface.
Keybindings work once you understand the quirky behavior of the
auction house, which changes the cursor focus to one of three
text boxes (Item Name or bid amount or Initial Price) whenever
you switch tabs. Unfortunately, this makes for A LOT of button
pressing and mouse clicking at 1024×768 resolution.
To avoid the extra clicking you could increase the display
resolution (up to at least 1152×864) while doing your business
at the auction house, then reset to 1024×768 after you finish.
For 1024×768 and smaller, I recommend using the original version
of this custom skin found at the URL provided below.
If you like this version but play at 1024×768 then I suggest:
(1) Increase the display resolution up to 1152×864 while doing
business at the auction house, then reset to 1024×768 after, or
(2) Set a keybinding to open and close ALL inventory bags with
one key, and become familiar with quirky auction house behavior.
• DESIGNED FOR DISPLAYS LARGER THAN 1024×768, SERIOUSLY.
(ie, 1152×864, 1280×768, 1360×768, etc.)
• NOT RECOMMENDED FOR 1024×768 RESOLUTION OR SMALLER DISPLAYS.
• USING THIS SKIN AT 1024×768 WILL CAUSE SPECIFIC ISSUES WITH BAGS.
• ANY RESOLUTION HEIGHT BELOW 768 WILL NOT WORK DUE TO PANEL SIZE.
Impossible for me to properly modify the UI without these,
including the LotRO UI Skin Art Packs (by Frosty). Thank you.
V3B2 UI Skin Art Pack (by Frosty)
- (used to update LargerAuctionPanel v1 with V3B2 changes)
(Version Updated 2010-09-28)
Siege of Mirkwood (Book 9) UI Skin Art (by Frosty)
- (used for initial development of LargerAuctionPanel v1)
(Version Updated 2009-11-18)
Book 14 UI Skin Art - depreciated (by Frosty)
- (used for reference only)
(Version Updated 2008-07-25)
Panel Viewer v1.2 (by Enfield)
- (used for ui element identification)
(Version Updated 2008-11-22)
Auction House UI (by Tennessee)
- (used for reference)
(Version Updated 2008-02-20)
Feel free to use, copy, redistribute, or otherwise reproduce any
and/or all parts of this addon in any form(s) permitted by laws,
and/or any other legally binding contracts that are explicitly
or implicitly defined or undefined in relation to 'the game' and
this addon (including any and/or all parties mentioned or not
mentioned herein) as long as you give credit to the original
author(s) of this custom skin - a.k.a. "Me" - for any and all
By installing and using this addon you hereby agree that addon
authors who program, code, and support addons will not be held
responsible if your computer implodes while using this or any
other custom skins, or asplodes while browsing the Intarwebs.
- Your mileage may vary, but probably won't.
None, aside from those related to bags, keybinding, and quirky
default Auction Panel behavior. Also please note that I am now a
Premium Free-to-Play player, and do not have any characters with
more than five auction slots. As a result I cannot verify with
absolute certainty (but I am very confident) the new layout and
alignment of ALL visible items on the the Post tab is correct.
If you encounter any issue(s) with this addon please leave a
comment at the URL provided below.
v2.0.6 (2010-12-10) - Lord of the Rings Online: Volume 3 Book 2
• Initial public release.
*** Major update to the original Larger Auction Panel interface. ***
• Increased width compared to the Larger Auction Panel v1 interface.
• Reconfigured layout on all item templates (increased width and decreased height).
• Increased number of items visible on all three tabs (see Description above).
• Updated custom background image to match new Larger Auction Panel v2 dimensions.