- A tribute to Middle Earth -
Latest Update(s) :
Version 22.214.171.124 - May 07 2018
- Recolored remaining blueish elements in filter panel
- BGM skins : Updated filter and allegiance panels based on the work of Tangaar
in his skin "Black Glass Remix
- filter menu buttons customized on all themes
- Panel customizations :
- An extended inspect panel is now applied on all the themes.
- Fixed and updated the Panel displayed when applying an item on a legendary Item. It was affected by a lotro client update.
Version 6.22.1 - April 02 2018
- Renamed " _Erebor ..." theme profiles to " Erebor ..."
- Redesigned the travel to instance button
Version 6.22 - April 01 2018
- JRR Erebor theme is no more an addon and is now a part of the main JRR pack, porting to 28 the number of themes and variations included in the main pack !
If you had the Erebor theme previously installed, please delete its old installation folder to avoid conflict with the new one.
- Delving Hills theme have now a third toolbar profile.
- Based on the Update 22 skinning pack, many icons are recolored (no more blue based).
- A few portraits have been enhanced.
- 2 loading screens have been changed.
- A few enhancements in Monsters Lair theme.
- Some other changes and enhancements here and there.
Full version history logged HERE
Short introduction :
"One pack of skins to gather them all, One pack of skins to fix them,
One pack to update them all, and in LotRO enjoy them."
(like Tolkien) stands for "Jack's RedPin Revisited
is, first of all, a complete theme designed for today's high resolution screens.
It also offers you to enjoy a collection of legacy/tribute themes, updated and revisited !
There are currently 28 themes and sub-themes included in the main download ! And you can download two add-ons !
- The theme JRR A
is a minimal dark glass theme, inspired and built with many Brygard's B.G.M
- The theme JRR B
offers a bit more transparency on the auto-attack button, the system buttons located at the left and the right of the toolbar are turned invisible.
- The theme JRR C
has a minimalistic main bar. Auto-attack button is a bit more translucent. XP bar is turned invisible. All system buttons are set invisible, except when passing the mouse over them.
Last but not least, the JRR skin collection is entirely modular :
Every skin folder is considered as an addon and is independent from the other ones. This means each main skin folder can be deleted from the pack or modified without affecting the other skins.
Every skin folder interacts with no other folder than "JRR CORE" folder. This folder contains the common files for all the JRR skins (this is the only folder which must not be deleted to get the skins working).
This makes easy for anyone to freely publish a new skin, a patched or customized edition of a skin, ready to plug in JRR, in addition or as replacement of existing skin(s).
This also means, as a simple user, you can reduce the number of skins embedded in the pack in just a few seconds, by simply deleting any skin folder you don't want to be featured any more !
For this, open the JRR
main folder, it is located there : "...Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\JRR Skins collection\"
Inside this "JRR Skins collection
" folder, delete any folder corresponding to the skins you want to remove from the pack, and you're done, that's as simple as it
Notice : Just don't remove the folder named "JRR CORE
Story of this project :
When I looked at lotrointerface.com for the first time, unfortunately it was after the f2p update.
Turbine had not released any skinning pack resource since years then almost all of the themes I wanted to test were partially damaged by LOTRO changes introduced updates after updates, and the authors seemed having discontinued their development for the reasons above
The "Jack's RedPinUI
" v1.0 seemed to be the only one which had the base UI I was looking for, and which had not suffered a lot of damages, so in march 2011, I started using it and to customize it, step by step.
The purpose of this project was, in the first time, only to adapt the original work to the design I was looking for :
Some convenient customizations, as extended panels, designed for high resolution screens.
The basic interface features, as bags, vital bars and minimap have a minimalist design in order to preserve a clear view.
In a second time, one or two month later, I still had in mind the numerous bugged or outdated great themes I downloaded when I browsed LotroInterface. I wanted to be able to run them in game as well as if they were updated yesterday !
That's how came the idea to display their toolbar as tribute add-on within the JRR
common interface, and this was precisely the purpose of the first release of JRR published in July 2011.
In a third time, on JRR
v2, since I was more familiar with skin coding, I decided to deliver full versions of some skins, freely adapted for a JRR
This means if you like a JRR
theme, you could prefer (or not) its original release. It's only a matter of taste.
resolution of 1024 pixels width and 768 pixels height is required, 1440X900 or higher is highly recommended.
If you are below 1024 pixels width and/or 768 pixels height, you can still enjoy the JRR SmallBar add-on
by selecting its "_JRR Small_No-Ext
" special profile. On it, every panels has Lotro's default size.
(click to enlarge)
If you're not familiar with themes installation :
- Download and unpack the .ZIP file on your desktop (with Windows, 7-zip
(freeware) or Winrar ) then copy the folder named "JRR Skins collection
" in "(My) Documents
" --> "The Lord of the Rings Online
" --> "UI
" --> "skins
folders don't exist, create it.
Usually the path is C:\User(s)\*your account name*\documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\UI\skins\
(It is the same folder that contains your LOTRO screenshots.)
When done, if you have also installed JRR addons, the folders location and their organization should be :
Inside the JRR folder, it should look like this :
- If your LOTRO client is running, close it and restart it.
- Open LOTRO option panel, then select "ui settings"
section, and look at the first line, user current skin
("user's interface appearance"
Use the select menu to choose one of the themes. (As shown on the picture below)
(click to enlarge)
After you selected a JRR theme, you have to logout (switch to the character selection menu) to apply the new correct parameters. After that you can go back into the game and enjoy all JRR features.
Except " Monsters Lair *short* " and "Delving Hills *Short* ", which both have custom toolbar settings", all the themes featured in the main download share the same panels settings. This means once your character has applied these settings a first time (by logout then login back), you can freely switch between the main download themes and fully enjoy it without having to to perform another logout / login back. (except for the 2 skins mentioned above).
Panels enhancements included in each JRR skin :
- A taller dressing room
- A taller barter panel
- A taller quest log
- A taller auction Panel
- A taller mail panel
- A taller vendor panel
- A taller crafting panel, with localization fixes
- A taller legacy extraction panel
- A taller legendary item dismantling result window
- A taller master loot window (20 items max instead of 10)
- A taller panel displayed when applying an item (scroll, crystal, xp...) on a legendary Item. Displays 8 LI instead of 6 by default.
- A taller enemies tracking panel. Displays 20 names at once instead of 8 by default.
- A taller inspect panel.
- A more compact connection Status icon.
- Numerical PVP rank icons
- A (smaller) windowed map, actually displayed at its real size (no more zooming blur)
- Custom Saruman rings
- Less annoying store buttons within various panels
. . . Store buttons removed :
- Character panel : Equipment tab (enhance) & Appearance tab (buy outfits) buttons
- "circle" virtues panel : The "buy virtue +1" overlay icon is set invisible but still functional.
- Destiny barter
- Extended Crafting Panel : buy recipes / buy mats / accelerate buttons
- Relic Master panel
FAQ and Known issues :
- I just installed JRR and selected one of the skins on my character, some panels are displayed in a strange manner, like upside down.
Logout then login back, this is a necessary step to apply the new custom panel settings.
Once you did it, and since you stay on JRR universal toolbar skins, you will be able to switch from a skin to another one without having to logout again.
All the skins included in the main JRR pack are universal toolbar skins, except Delving Hills short and Monsters Lair short.
- I installed a JRR addon and selected it on my character, but some panels backgrounds or other elements are replaced by a light grey frame
If only a few elements are greyed (meaning file not found at the indicated location), this can be a error from my side. Don't hesitate to report me this kind of issues.
If a big amount of grey frames occurs, first ensure you installed the pack of skins at the right location on your hard drive, then ensure you installed the optional addon folders side by side with the "JRR Skins collection
"JRR skins collection
" folder must not be renamed
and must be directly placed at the right place, not inside another custom/unpacking folder
, if not, optional addons won't work and show only grey frames.
Optional addons folders must be located outside JRR skins collection folder, and placed just beside
- How do I uninstall a skin from my computer ?
Simply delete the skin folder you had previously copied onto your from your hard drive (I mean in ...Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\
folder), that's all.
- The map is no more fullscreen !
This is not a bug, this is a skinning choice, it is really convenient in some situations, and on multi screen systems.
In fact this displays the map in this actual size, without the zooming blur.
Advanced users can revert it by deleting the "Map Window" section in the skindefintion.mxl file of every skin they wanna fix, and repeat this operation after every JRR update.
- On delving Hills short / Monsters Lair short / BGM Opaque Short, my toolbar is not centered or its buttons cannot be clicked.
These particular profiles require the user to edit the corresponding skindefinition.xml
file to position the toolbar depending its game resolution.
All required informations about how to proceed are logged into their skindefinition.xml
file. Open it with any text editor, like Wordpad or Notepad.
I you play in window mode or switch between window mode and fullscreen mode, you can bypass the "Y" issue by simply setting the toolbar scale to a value different than 1.00 ( in lotro option panel -> UI settings tab) (0.99 or 1.01 is ok).
On windows 7, you can switch to the windows desktop without pressing Alt+Enter to switch into windowed mode. For this, press ctrl+alt+F12 then "task manager".
- My character doesn't show in the dressroom !
JRR skins collection doesn't supports resolutions with a height below 768 pixels.
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in fullscreen mode to get the dressroom correctly displaying the character.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in fullscreen or windowed modes.
- The auction house panel is too big !
Your screen is too small ! ^^
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in fullscreen mode to get the auction house panel entirely displayed and usable.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in fullscreen or windowed modes.
Skin by skin credits :
- "AuC" original contents come from "AuC Theme - Blue (SoM)
" by Gaylen. Many additional panel backgrounds grabbed on Google Images.
- "B.G.M" 4 skins are based on "Black Glass Mix
" by Brygard.
- "Delving Hills" both profiles are a JRR
revisited edition of "Delving Hills
" by Wicked Mouse. The loading screen comes from Elven Adventuress UI
by Silverangel. Auction house background by John Howe.
- "Durin's Folk *short* and *Large*" original contents come from "LM Durin's Folk Revisited
", originally created by LedMirage then revisited/updated by Daimon.
- "Eorlingas" both profiles original contents come from "Eorlingas
", by Ledmirage and from Eorlingas Revisited Again
revisited by ElfHeart.
Character panel background by Ruiz Burgos
. The anniversary portraits 1 to 9 are based on vital bars from Riders of the Riddermark
- "Fifty Shades of Grey Wizard" is a raised-to-life edition of "Greyskin UI
", created by Maximoz in 2007
- "Greenleaves" mainbar and minimap come from "Greenleaves
" by Chevrefeuille, panel borders and parchment titlebars come from Kaylan's Scroll Action Bar
- "JappMe *short* and *Large*" original contents come from "JappMe MoM Ivy
" 2.0.2 and JappMe Isengard
, both by JappMe.
- "Monsters Lair" is a JRR
exclusivity, by Adra. It delivers a full "monster play" looking theme. The short toolbar design is based on Small Monster Play Toolbar
, by AP Erebus.
- "Spirit of Elfwood" original contents come from "Spirit of Elfwood Reborn
" by Kuvasie, Ryshia & Elfheart.
- "The White Hand *large*" original contents come from "The White Hand
", by Kaylan.
- "The White Hand *short*" is a JRR
exclusive edition of "The White Hand
- Erebor supports any screen resolution superior or equal to 1152x864.
It is based on the theme "Firebeards
" from "The Naugrim - double UI Firebeards/Broadbeams
" which is based and combined off of Sinli's Enclaved FIRE&ICE
and LM Durin's Folk
This theme includes 2 profiles : "_JRR Erebor - Universal Toolbar
" and "_JRR Erebor - Custom Toolbar 3x2
The only difference between these two profiles is the toolbar.
The custom toolbar profile is inspired and has some elements from "Enclaved Dwarf UI
", created by Sinly
and based on elements from LedMirage's Eorlingas
Global credits :
was Built from Jack's RedPin-UI 1.0
by Jack of Windfola as starting base !
- Many panels elements are from Brygard's B.G.M
, some other pictures and codes come from Eclipse UI
, Azure Glass
- I used some wallpapers and artworks from LOTRO, "lord of the rings" the movie and of the game "the battle for the middle earth II".
- "Larger Auction Panel
" by Thrashfinger, modified by Wicky71 and by Adra.
- Extended quest panel, by Adra.
- Numerical PVP rank icons & vitals pvp rank display fix, by Adra.
- Dressing room by Brygard, modified a first time by Jack then by Adra.
- Custom Saruman rings, by Adra.
- "Transparent Map Tracker
" by Hazado.
- Mail and vendor parts from "Firefern's Crafting, Vendor and Dressing Room
" by Mirarkitty.
- Extended Barter
by The Old One, modified by Adra.
- Attunement bar (Rune keeper) from "ZerCleanUI
" theme, by Zerstor.
- Gambit backgrounds by Halvr
- "Warden Gloss
" by Zamos.
- Windowed map from Eclipse UI
, by Eclipse aka Shivega.
- Extended Crafting Panel with localization fixes, by Adra.
- Taller Legacy Extraction panel from UiBuilder
by The Old One, modified by Adra in order to display the 7th legacy.
- Expanded master loot window
(20 items max instead of 10), by Eric Led, updated by Adra.
- Extended legendary item dismantling result window, by Adra.
- Some store buttons removal codes are from Elwe's no store button
, some others by Adra.
Separate Addons : (click the pictures to access their own download page)Other skin I maintain :
JRR - A
JRR - AuC
JRR - B.G.M (Opaque)
JRR - B.G.M *Opaque Short*
JRR - Delving Hills
JRR - Delving Hills *Large II*
JRR - Delving Hills *Short*
JRR - Durin's Folk (blue)
JRR - Durin's Folk *Short*
JRR - Eorlingas
JRR - Eorlingas *Short*
JRR - Erebor
JRR - Erebor *Custom toolbar*
JRR - Fifty Shades of Grey Wizard
JRR - Greenleaves
JRR - JappMe
JRR - JappMe *Short*
JRR - Monsters Lair
This theme can be used as well by heroes or by creeps (it fixes all the default monster play UI crappy blue elements)
JRR - Monsters Lair *Short*
JRR - Spirit of Eflwood
JRR - The White Hand
JRR - The White Hand *Short*
You can receive an email notification on each update of JRR Skins Collection.
For this, simply register on lotrointerface.com (it's free),
then click on the "add to my favorites" button on this page
(near the top right of the page, under the download button).
You can turn this option ON and OFF here (first option)